Return to Index  

I Am The Last Guy In The World

September 17 2001 at 11:53 AM
  (no login)
from IP address 152.163.207.194

Response to As another mother...

who would ever talk of giving up. Those two words are not even part of my vocabulary. Here is a quote I posted on another board. "Stand by who ever you are, we are coming after your ass and you don't have a prayer". The point I was trying to make is that in the past so many people were against using troops in any situation they might take them in harms way. This time, if we invade Afghanistan, there is no way to avoid it. I would also like to point out I am a WW11 Marine veteran and I am one who has 'BEEN THERE'. My Irish mothers words when she first saw me on my return home were "What have they done to yeh? Made an old man of yeh. There aint no spark in your eyes". I know well of mothers and how they feel. As far as some of those who all of a sudden have joined us.... Take in consideration this. They were told to choose sides...Us or bin Laden....even the terrorist in Lebanon, The Hezbolah (sp) spoke of joining us. Do you think perhaps they were just making sure we would not attack them also. I know I personally would not think for a second of turning my back to them, for fear of a stabbing. I hope this explains my position well enough so that you understand, it was NEVER my intention to suggest we give up or try and talk our way out of this. Semper Fidelis......Dave

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on U.S. Marine CorpsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

If you want Justice, work for Peace!