Return to Index  

And I thank you for your service in our country.

September 17 2001 at 5:21 PM
  (no login)
from IP address 209.191.193.93

Response to I Am The Last Guy In The World

Because of you and those that served before you and after have I been able to live the live of freedom that we have in our country and those serving now have to carry the torch to insure that same freedom for future generations. We know the price of freedom can be high. I'm sorry if what I said made it sound like I thought you said that we should just give up or talk it out (like that ever works). I didn't do a very good job of reading inbetween the lines. I get Sgt. Grit's newsletter and I know that almost every last one of you would be at the recruiter's (or whereever you'd have to go) to do it all over again....I think that says a lot. And don't be too sure....my BIL who has been retired from the Army for close to 20 years has received a phone call. And my hubby has a call on his caller ID from Washington DC and he's wondering what the heck that is about! He figures he's an old has-been but he'd go if he had to. Talked with a lady that owns the apt. next door after work....it's her son that I saw the recruiter's talking to last spring....well, he left today along with 3 others from here for boot camp. Her husband left yesterday for foreign countries....she's feeling pretty alone. And you if you know anything about us moms...it's that we like to talk about our sons in the Corps!! The recruiter had teased me that they needed the moms to do the recruiting....(I didn't get any bonus tho!). He was going to join the AF and I told him he didn't want to do that! Join the best! Ione

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on U.S. Marine CorpsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

If you want Justice, work for Peace!