Return to Index  

Copied from another site that should be shared with all...

October 5 2001 at 4:19 AM
  (Login SgtDad)
Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association
from IP address 207.22.86.162

Not mine but it speaks so clearly and closely to what
my thoughts are and have been.

September 2001
To: My Leaders, To Congress, and To America.
I am a soldier. I am America's military. 19 some years ago, I raised my right hand and pledged to defend
America and its way of life. I agreed to follow the orders of those appointed over me. This is a vow I took
of my own free will. It was a decision I made on my own. No one held a gun to my head.There was no
promise of a life of happiness or prosperity. I joined for my own reasons and have served to see them
through. Many times during my enlistment have our forces deployed. Students hugged soldiers as we
"invaded" Grenada. It was an Island not many had ever heard of. We saw all the triumph on television
and could only ask, "What happened?" It was over before it began, and yet soldiers gave their lives.
Panama took a little longer. It was built up in the defense and we eventually went in force to oust the
government there. Again, soldiers died. Over the past nineteen years, America has sent soldiers in rapid
reaction to various threats to our liberty and the freedom of others. We have responded to the cry of
oppressed people around the world.
In Mogadishu, soldiers died performing a mission they were ordered to carry out. Our presence there has
often been questioned, even within the military.The outcome is still the same. Soldiers were sent.
Soldiers died.
Today, America again faces the issue of sending soldiers. I heard a representative from the senate during
an interview saying, "I don't want to send our soldiers". I am a soldier. Send me.
This time, terror has hit our homeland. Send me.
This time, the fight has killed thousands of innocents in an instant.The bad guys aren't off in a foreign
land oppressing foreign peoples. They have struck our own families, our mothers, fathers, sisters, and
brothers.These they have killed. Send me.
This time, the battle has started right in the very back yard of Congress.The Pentagon is known as the
home of our military leadership. An airplane was crashed, passengers and all, through it's walls. They
didn't use a rifle to attempt to kill our leaders; they used a whole plane. And for the bullets, they used our
friends and family. Send me.
This time, when Congress, the Senate, or even my Commander in Chief...When you consider sending
soldiers, remember one thing. You aren't sending us so much as you are allowing us to go. I volunteered
for this job years ago.You aren't sending me to die. You are allowing me to fulfill my promise; allowing me
to defend freedom; allowing me to stand, as guard, in the doorway to democracy. Send me.
You aren't choosing my fate. I did that when I swore to uphold the constitution by which we live and
through which you were elected. Allow me to accomplish my mission. Send me.
May God Bless all our soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines.
May God Bless all of our families and friends. May God Bless all of our leaders.
May God Bless the USA.
Send Me.

Semper Fidelis
Somehow the ones who are waffeling now have forgotten that to make an omlette you have to break
some eggs. We who have fought before have always known that and those that haven't yet will find out.
We wish them God speed.

Semper Fidelis
NOMAD

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on U.S. Marine CorpsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

If you want Justice, work for Peace!