Return to Index  

Another true deer story...

October 23 2001 at 6:06 AM
  (no login)
from IP address 65.113.67.2

Response to A Winger and a grunt went deer hunting...

Sunday afore last I was driving home after visiting my buddy in Warrenton. I'd gotten back to Fairfax when the traffic on northbound heavily traveled Braddock Road slowed to a crawl. A quarter mile ahead I could see the flashing red lights of an ambulance. Approaching the scene of the accident, I saw a beautiful large doe sprawled across the sidewalk and immediately understood the cause of the accident. Then I saw the car. It's entire front end and front windshield were totaled. I have no idea about the extent of the injuries to the occupant(s) of the car, but judging from the extensive damage to the vehicle and the somber expressions of the rescue crew, it didn't look good.

I've got a pair of those little sonic deer alert gizmos that my cousin gave me in my desk drawer at home. Don't know whether those things actually work, but I'm going to affix them to my front bumper as soon as I get home today.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on U.S. Marine CorpsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

If you want Justice, work for Peace!