Return to Index  

Yeah, he has a bunch of leave according to him...

March 11 2002 at 8:22 AM
Debbie  (no login)
from IP address 63.255.201.5

Response to They usually authorize leave prior to deployment!

because he has never had to use leave to come home-always 96's. He supposedly has some leave(ten days maybe) coming right now, from returning from CAX. And he says he will get 15 days before deploying to Japan. When I was telling him about CPX in June, he wanted to know(if he can arrange it for then) if he could come with us. So he is definitely back on track being a Marine! Imagine coming home and wanting to spend part of your leave at Camp Lejeune-must be a Marine thing!

April 27 marks his one year anniversary-just to throw that in! He called again this weekend and is still motivated and rearing to go. One thing he told me that particularly moved me was about his Sgt. Some of you guys may understand this better than I do... According to Will, he was to be deployed to the Gulf on a float, but his Sgt. took it instead which meant Will gets to go to Iwakuni. His Sgt.'s reason was that he had already been to Iwakuni and just wanted to go to the Gulf! Not sure I understand all this. Will's comment was "Mom, I was on my way to the Gulf, but my Sgt. stepped in and took that float instead." Good? Bad? Just everyday thing? Comments anyone? My impression of course is to wish I could hunt down said Sgt. and give him a BIG HUG! Bless his heart, he will now be on my prayer list! Sgt. Norwood, wherever you may be, this mom is praying for you!

And I actually think Will was disappointed not to be going to the Gulf! Marines?!!! Just gotta love 'em!

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on U.S. Marine CorpsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

If you want Justice, work for Peace!