Return to Index  

What possible reason could that kind of force be needed in the FIRST week of boot?

April 25 2002 at 7:55 PM
  (no login)
from IP address 209.191.196.75

Response to What's sad is the media will put the Corps on trial once again!

As with all things in the media....I'm sure the whole story is not out yet. And why now? It happened in the beginning of March.

I have faith in the MC and their training but I do not believe there is any explanation that would satisfy me in believing that this kind of treatment of any person anywhere makes them a better person or a better Marine. No, I have not been through boot camp but from all the accounts I have read...that first week has the recruits more than a little confused and adjusting. Yelling and such, so be it...but this type of force to cause this injury...if the MC allows this (and I don't believe they do) then they need to be held accountable. The noggin can take some horrific blows before damage is done. If DI's are out of control then they need to be removed. It wasn't a machine I sent to boot camp....
Ione

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on U.S. Marine CorpsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

If you want Justice, work for Peace!