Return to Index  

Generally agree with all you say.....

April 30 2002 at 8:30 PM
Ione  (no login)
from IP address 209.191.197.39

Response to I'll take a "stab" at it too...

or just agree but I wonder about one thing.....in elementary grades we had one teacher...and we still had music, art, phy ed, etc....and we learned a lot from those teachers in those areas. Now they have a special teacher for each of those fields, more aids than students in a classroom, and they whine they are overworked and underpaid. We only had an aid in 1st grade (no kindergarten) because there were 36 of us. They did split my grade for 2nd grade and after that the numbers went down so we were all together. Sometimes our teachers would trade students if one had a specialty such as music and could do better at it...they split us then. While one group had music the other had spelling and then switched the next time. That's just an example. I think we did just fine. Art usually had something to do with history...I remember making weaved head busts of Washington and Lincoln for art class in Feb. We always learned patriotic songs in Feb too. Gosh, we were having fun....and still learning!
I never saw anything like that with my kids....but they were boys and stuff seldom ever made it home from school until the end of the year.
Ione

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on U.S. Marine CorpsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

If you want Justice, work for Peace!