Return to Index  

Update on LS and stuff

March 19 2008 at 12:29 PM
  (Login VaMarine20)
from IP address 70.160.45.205

Well I have been accepted to several law schools, I think i have narrowed my choice and will be viewing the schools next weekend to ensure i have picked the right one.

I was accepted to Appalachian School of Law in Grundy Va (www.asl.edu), Ava Maria in Lansing Michigan, as of yet. I have gotten a letter from WVU saying that the whole board would have to review my application prior to a decision being made and that should be made here in the next week or 2.

I was denied admission to Pitt and Gonzaga. (their loss)

I have not received and answer from Ohio Northern, or Capital both of which I expect to be acceptance letters and should be here shortly.

Both Schools that have accepted me have given me scholarships and that is what has swayed my opinion and pretty much locked me into Appalachian, they have offered me full tuition renewable for 3 years. Where Ava Maria only offered me 12,500 a year renewable for all 3 years.

Soo there is the good news first..

The not so good news is that my unit in the National Guard has gotten activation orders and is expected to deploy to Afghanistan some time late 2008 early 2009 (dates and locations not known and wont be posted when I do know, all that OPSEC stuff) At this time we are not sure if I will be attending the deployment with the unit due to the fact that I still have not been qualified as an officer and thus can not deploy. The LTC is working on getting me into the school house once i graduate the University to allow for me to to deploy with them but that is up in the air at this point.

Soo Graduation is lets see here 5 weeks away? Something like that and I never thought it would be this close.... Off to class talk to you all later on..

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on U.S. Marine CorpsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

If you want Justice, work for Peace!