Return to Index  

Good Morning

May 18 2001 at 5:14 AM
Captain_John  (Login Captain_John)
from IP address 216.89.232.56

TGIF, as they say.

This will be the first weekend in a while that I won't be seeing the Physics Partner. She's giving another seminar and won't have time to bother with me. She is, among other things, one of the grand pooh-bahs of the national lamaze movement. So, what she does is she teaches people how to teach lamaze to expecting mothers.

I cannot tell you how honored I am to have connected with this very fine young lady. I'll miss her this weekend, but NEXT weekend, the Memorial Day weekend, I'll be in Boston with her for 3 days. She already has the list of yard work that I'll have to accomplish if I want my daily gruel.

So this weekend, I think I'll spend time doing some spring cleaning and I hope to get inside my Explorer's instrument panel to see why half the lights are out. Whew! I'm getting tired just thinking about it. Maybe I'll just sleep late. Another possibility is that I may drop into la casa NOMAD so that I can steal some more of his diet cokes, if he'll have me.

A couple of days ago I got up early for work, as usual, and found my battery was dead. So, now I have the new battery I needed. The beauty is that I managed to learn how to do all the work I need around a car by myself. So, I only had to pay for the battery, not the markup and the labor that goes into replacing it. I can do it myself. If I had the tools I used to have, I'd have been able to save myself a bundle last February when the clutch let go...

It's good to see everyone of you fine folks back from your journeys to the various MCBs around the nation. It's reassuring to know that such fine young folks are defending us, believe me. My salute to them.

I hope JITB and Momz have great trips, too. I wish I could go to Ireland myself. Maybe Mom could have a Magner's cider on me, if only they knew how lucky they are to have me as a relative.

My son, who will be 21 in October, just moved out of the house to start a new life in Charlotte, NC. That's where his mother lives. He just couldn't stand the demands that his dear old dad placed on his shoulder, making him not unlike Atlas. One of the beauties is that he keeps moving ever closer to Parris Island. Some day, I hope.

Well, that's about all the news from here. I hope you all have a great weekend. I'll be in the area all day. Take charge of the company and carry out the plan of the day.

S/F

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on U.S. Marine CorpsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

If you want Justice, work for Peace!