Return to Index  

Don't blame me, I'm in Ireland

May 24 2001 at 5:14 AM
Momz  (no login)
from IP address 159.134.227.119

It has made the news here that Jim Jeffords is defecting from the Republican party. I'm in the day center today and one of the people said they heard something about a legislator from Vermont and I later saw the paper. Wow, that's big news from little Vermont!

Anyway, bout the day center...not like the adult day care places in the states. It's more of a social support group among cancer patients. They arrive at 10 and have tea and scones. Then they do a variety of unstructured activities; many ladies get their nails done, do exercises. The men do exercises also and one tends a garden outside. There are three groups that each come one day a week. The at 12:30, they serve liquor (swear it's true - they say it's good for he appetite) so my head is a little swimmy from the glass of sherry they gave me. Others had Guinness, Beckets and Jamison. Lunch at 1P and regretfully, I need to leave for afternoon rounds. They probably have happy hour again before they leave at 3PM. Very nice group of people, though. This is a place to enjoy themselves and not think about their cancer so illness isn't really discussed in this setting which is quite appropriate here.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on U.S. Marine CorpsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

If you want Justice, work for Peace!