Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Morning All ....... we're back!!!
    • (no login)
      Posted Apr 21, 2002 4:40 AM

We got in last night around 9:30 or so .... Ione did 'advance party' home a couple of days earlier ...... to a snowstorm, which I see she already informed you guys of!! Thankfully we didn't run into that ..... no earthquakes either, Momz!!! About 30 degrees cooler, which I could do without ..... but not bad, even for this 'warm weather lover'!!! Tulips and Daffodils popped up in the back yard while were gone, so those were nice to see ..... guess it was record warm here while we were gone. Flights down and back were great .... security very high in DC (had to go thru there) .... no one out of seats 30 minutes into and out of the area ..... had to deplane and they took all luggage off, scanned it and had us all do security again before reboarding. Alot of complaints in the crowd, but didn't bother us. Actually, I had heard so many 'horror' stories and USAir has never been my favorite carrier, but they did a great job ..... everyone knew what they were doing, did it well and all very courteous. No complaints at all here. It took a little longer, but hey, I figure if you want to travel, that's just the way it is now. Disney was great and 'Mickey Money' (as Jack calls him) is alive, well, and a few bucks richer!!! Had a wonderful time ..... SO enjoyed meeting Ione in person ..... we too forgot our AX!!! hehehe!! Sorry we missed you, Jon ...... but we thought of ya!!! Next time! "Proud To Be An American" was played within the parks a couple of times and sung beautifully by different choir groups, etc. in Epcot. Nice .... and brings the old tears out once again!! Hall of Presidents in Magic Kingdom was good .... did a great job with Bush, right down to the 'Flag' pin he always wears on his lapel. It's all good to us, tho ..... we're just always happy to 'just be there'! Heard from my son while gone .... but nothing since, so not sure exactly where he is at. Hubby and I thought of him constantly since we have alot of memories down there ..... call us 'Disney Snobs' .... we are, hehe, but also been there so many times with the kids (yes, even in their 20's....and some of those times have been the best!) so have alot of memories!! Last time we were all together there was the Christmas just before Jon left for Boot in January, 1999. Gotta go back now and hit the emails ...... will answer you Momz, and you too, Debbie (finally!) as I wade thru things ..... glad to see all is well back here!! Later! Charron
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Find more forums on U.S. Marine CorpsCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

If you want Justice, work for Peace!