Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • This Was Sent To Me By Darby
    • Anonymous (no login)
      Posted May 4, 2002 6:29 PM

As I arose at the crack of dark, after a most refreshing couple of hours of
      showers, what a sweet fresh aroma did come wafting through the open door
      from my Valley. You could just feel the plants and flowers smiling with
      their wet faces and leaves. The song of spring was distant, but perceptible and soothing. The sweet voices of the small birds are just beginning to warble through the dampened trees.

Today in my Valley, will be a good day. There are a few clouds
      that remain, reminding us God is going to give us a second chance at both seeing this fresh world and a fresh day in our lives that should be savored and enjoyed. Perhaps it is a reminder that as hard as life seems, we can
      start anew to add our smiles and joys so that others may enjoy.

Doors and windows are wide open with fans placed strategically. A/Cs are all off, both saving electricity and noise. Within minutes the inside of the house is cleansed with a part of my Valley's goodness. Temporary though it may be, it is a reminder of the possibilities that exist for today with its promise of refreshment and new chances. With the din and rumblings of conflict and the chorus of thunder in the past, the sweet sounds of the birds whose songs are of the quality of orchestras announce a new day in our lives. Sweet peace and contentment do reign in the Valley on this wonderful day.

As first light now approaches, so do the stirrings of the puppy crew. Their excitement and joy reign supreme. The romp and run of their young selves is
      but one more joy to behold. For a few moments the Valley gives me all that was missing in the past, even if it is a temporary thing. It tells me there is so
      much joy and happiness that remains available to all. The physical and mental pains that are seemingly so overwhelming, are but minuscule at this moment of wonderment in my Valley.

Oh God, I do indeed thank you for this time in my life. Please watch over my
      Marines and allow as many as you can to enjoy this day as you have given it
      to me. For they are so much more deserving.

The coffee is ready and the outside calls. Not even royalty can know the joy
      and contentment puppies and a freshly wetted Valley can offer one.

May this day be a new start for each and every one of you my brothers
      and sisters. What better could this world and my Valley offer me this day
      than to know my Marines are safe and able to begin this day anew
      such as I?

From the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, I humbly offer
      this day to all of you. May your day begin as wonderfully
      as mine has begun.

With Marine love and devotion,

Semper Fidelis

NOMAD

Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)