Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Thanks for the updates........
    • (no login)
      Posted Aug 4, 2001 2:49 PM

Been sitting here in HOT northern MN wondering what all you guys were up to. Watched the clock at work and said to myself...."I'd be headed to the 8th and I probably about now"....feeling a little sorry for myself sounds like huh?!! Hope you are ALL having a wonderful time....and HUGS to all of you too! I take it that so far so good....those of us left behind don't have to start up collections.
      On another note....yesterday must have been "military" day at the PO....a professor from here just returned from teaching the Cadets out there...different experience for him from college teaching...he's a history professor. Fun to talk with....has written a book on WW II, had visits with Schwartzkoff (sp wrong I'm sure but say it phoneticaly and you'll know you I'm talking about...Desert Storm...) and several other generals that I hadn't heard of! Then another gentleman came in and talked about his basic training days with the Army of years ago....he's of the opinion that all should have to do a couple years of service for our country in some way. THEN...who is digging a trench next to the bldg to the PO but the young recruit to be....(still haven't gotten my signing bonus). He is so excited to be going to boot camp and can hardly wait...hehe...does he have a surprise coming!! Love to see that gungho attitude and he had lots of questions. He really was going to join the AF but the Marine's came to his school one day and then met with him that night and convinced him to be one of the best of the best!! His goal is to someday be a highway patrol. I do have to get his name next time...talk Marine stuff..even from a mom's point of view and names don't matter!! So never fear.....there are young men and women out there that will keep the traditions and values of the Corps going for another 225 years! Okay, I'll shut up now....just lonesome without reading all the posts from you'all! Ione
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

Find more forums on U.S. Marine CorpsCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

If you want Justice, work for Peace!