Return to Index  

It's possible to appreciate writing while not agreeing with every word...

April 29 2012 at 5:31 PM
No score for this post

Stranger  (Login Stranger-In-A-Strange-Land)
BW Member
from IP address 93.96.117.236

Response to Bowie: "I want the young (black) American"

Simon Pegg loved Star Wars, but I remember him saying he did a university thesis on George Lucas, and that a sub theme of Star Wars was to do with conservativism in America, in a pro way - I have only vaguely recommended his comment here, and remember it was Spegg's viewpoint.

I'm not sure half the world would have suddenly thought, who is this David Bowie? Wow, I can like him now! happy.gif

You do make some good points, but there's different ways to say it on this one.

Here's some black young Americans here, called Death, they came to mind on reading your post, having read about them in an old copy of Uncut recently...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAZ9R2t5Jd0&feature=related

ohmygod, not a soul group!?

Damn good guitar riffing there happy.gif

------------------
The next EMI Expanded Editions:
* What are your hopes for these releases?
* Let's have The Man Who Sold The World with the complete Paris Cinema Studios, Feb 5, 1970 radio concert, and the complete April 1970 radio session. Hunky Dory - add the complete Paris Cinema Studios concert, June 1971 in stereo, from the BBC Stereo Transcription LP if the master is lost!
* Any future live 1974 release MUST include a recording of Drive In Saturday from the early part of the tour, it's classic!
The next DVD release?
* Cracked Actor / Omnibus documentary must be released on DVD!

Recommended:
Tiffiny Townsend | She's Got Issues | The She Creatures | My stuff, if you like bad singing

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Response TitleAuthorDate
 Re: It's possible to appreciate writing while not agreeing with every word...sammy mcnightApr 29, 2012, 6:07 PM
  YesStrangerApr 29, 2012, 6:21 PM

Back to BowieWonderworld website