Return to Index  

Rebel rebel sneaks 49 Bowie songs into wildlife show

June 25 2012 at 1:57 AM

Eamonn  (Login abbeystump)
BW Member
from IP address 121.45.108.156

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/rebel-rebel-sneaks-49-bowie-songs-into-tv-show/story-e6frfn09-1226407195852

GROUND control to Chris Packham. Take your protein pills and stop quoting Bowie.

The BBC presenter managed to name-check nearly 50 of the rock star's songs in his wildlife show, Springwatch.

Over 12 episodes he slipped in as many of Bowie's songs as he could, from Changes to Diamond Dogs. That represents over four song titles a show.

Although attentive viewers quickly realised what was happening and reported their spots on internet forums, Packhams co-presenters Michaela Strachan and Martin Hughes-Games were unaware of his antics.

In episode one, fans noticed Packham incorporating Changes, Sound And Vision and Cygnet Committee. He even got in Unwashed and Somewhat Slightly Dazed while describing the appearance of a nuthatch.

Packham, 51, revealed all in his blog, saying: "It presents me with a challenge and that's ultimately what it's about. It keeps me focused.

"I remember watching David Bowie on Top Of The Pops as a child and being blown away."

"I Love The Smell Of Adelaide In The Evening"

Respond to this message   

Back to BowieWonderworld website