Return to Index  

Bowie In Berlin

July 14 2012 at 1:56 PM

(Login Mist001)
BW Member
from IP address 85.68.34.9

Talking of Bowie books, I had occassion last Wednesday to read 'Bowie In Berlin' by Thomas Jerome Seabrook. I wasn't expecting anything new from it but since I'd never read it before, I had a look and to my astonishment, I DID find something new in it!!

Aside from the 'new' spelling mistakes and 'new' poor proof reading, I discovered that according to this book, Warsaw is actually the capital of Czechoslovakia!!! Well as you can imagine,, you could have knocked me out with a feather when I read that. It seems everything I was taught in Geographhy at school is wrong!

Seriously though, how can these clowns get away with publishing such schoolboy errors as fact in their comic books? I'm actually coming to the opinion that these books are actually damaging what little credibility Bowie has left because any 'serious' readers who encounter these books will immediately recognise them as amateurish, typed up in their spare time, type things.

Warsaw the capital of Czechoslovakia!! FFS!! That's not even an easy mistake to make, that's a lack of basic education!

Mist.

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, simply surrounded by assholes." - William Gibson.

Respond to this message   
Response TitleAuthorDate
 Re: Bowie In BerlinClaudeJul 14, 2012, 2:03 PM
  Re: Bowie In BerlinsonofsilenceJul 14, 2012, 4:25 PM
   dreadful book . . . Jul 15, 2012, 11:01 AM
    Re: dreadful book . . . Jul 15, 2012, 3:31 PM
     Re: dreadful book . . .gabeJul 15, 2012, 3:44 PM
      Re: dreadful book . . . Jul 15, 2012, 3:54 PM
 Re: Bowie In BerlinGaryJul 15, 2012, 5:32 PM

Back to BowieWonderworld website