but Bowie was clearly influenced by the "It Is Finished" LP she released in 1974 - the production and sound of The Pusher seemed to have a bearing on the sound of tracks like Can You Hear Me and It's Gonna Be Me, to my ears, and Funkier Than a Mosquito's Tweater - a weird, funked up version of what was a more straight rock-soul song by Ike and Turner - was sampled by Bowie as the intro to his live 1976 and 1978 versions of "Rebel Rebel". I seem to remember at least one other track reminded me of the production and sound Bowie employed on Young Americans, too.
The next EMI Expanded Editions:
* What are your hopes for these releases?
* Let's have The Man Who Sold The World
with the complete
Paris Cinema Studios, Feb 5, 1970 radio concert, and the complete April 1970 radio session. Hunky Dory
- add the complete Paris Cinema Studios concert, June 1971 in stereo
, from the BBC Stereo Transcription LP if the master is lost!
* Any future live 1974 release MUST include a recording of Drive In Saturday from the early part of the tour, it's classic!
The next DVD release?
* Cracked Actor / Omnibus documentary must be released on DVD!
| She's Got Issues
| The She Creatures
| My stuff, if you like bad singing