<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

New David Bowie event in south of France

October 17 2011 at 6:19 PM
No score for this post
Phil Glam  (Login philglam)
BW Member

This is the link:
http://www.carreleongaumont.com/index.php?option=com_spectacles&Itemid=49&detailsview=98

The flyer of the pictures exhibition:

[linked image]

And 2 outtakes film contact sheet:

[linked image]

[linked image]

Hope to see you at the event !
Best wishes from Phil Glam

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

ulysses
(Login ulysse99)

Re: New David Bowie event in south of France

No score for this post
October 17 2011, 6:52 PM 

I am sure Auliac photo exhibition will be great. There is a lovely show as well.

In south of France we do a lot of things about David Bowie but we work in dark...lol

This message has been edited by ulysse99 on Oct 17, 2011 6:57 PM

Michael
(Login Mist001)
BW Member

No score for this post
October 17 2011, 7:02 PM 

I'd like to go, but it's too far away from Marseille to justify a train ticket and expense.

Mist.

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, simply surrounded by assholes." - William Gibson.

Phil Glam
(Login philglam)
BW Member

No score for this post
October 21 2011, 3:31 PM 

+ complet "Lulu" listening ...

Michael
(Login Mist001)
BW Member

No score for this post
October 21 2011, 3:36 PM 

We have the 'Passenger' book, which we can look at without having to listen to Metallica!!

Mist.

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, simply surrounded by assholes." - William Gibson.

Nuclear Popadom
(Login nuclear_star)
BW Member

No score for this post
October 21 2011, 6:08 PM 

Apparently nobody has heard of David Bowie in France.

Sound of the devil, breaking parole.

Michael
(Login Mist001)
BW Member

No score for this post
October 21 2011, 6:22 PM 

Very, very few people in Marseille at least, seem to know of Bowie. Le Dome, the major concert hall in Marseille just along the road, holds 8500 people, and Bowie couldn't even sell that out on the Reality tour. It's the same in America, more people don't know who Bowie is, than do. He seems big and popular to us but on a worldwide scale, he's nobody, really.

Mist.

Em
(Login crackedemerald)
BW Member

No score for this post
October 23 2011, 4:02 AM 

I can't seem to access that flyer page - is it on the site? Frustrating.

Any suggestions for finding it?

Ah! Mr. Waite, the world of Magic is a mirror, wherein who sees muck is muck.
Aleister Crowley

aladdinsane
(Login aladdinsane2)
BW Member

No score for this post
October 23 2011, 7:16 AM 

I think Bowie is well known in the musical circles. Since 20 years, almost all my acquaintances are in music and people know where he is and what he has done, he is much respected. But it's clear he is not an artist for the folklore like Beatles, Stones, Doors, Elvis, are...

Mick
(Login Littlebombardier)

No score for this post
October 23 2011, 5:17 PM 

He simply hasnt sold the vast quantities some artists have because he is not particularly commercial or 'popular' but that doesnt make him any less relevant. Artistically, he is inspirational and right at the top of the tree.......and will be for many years to come...

Michael
(Login Mist001)
BW Member

No score for this post
October 23 2011, 7:14 PM 

I did meet one person here who was knowledgable about Bowie, and obviously a fan. He was an estate agent and when he came to size up the house, he saw the Bowie stuff on the walls and we started talking about Bowie. He knew his stuff, he was quoting lines from 'The Bewley Brothers' and stuff like that, not the usual hit type stuff. Unfortunately, we didn't keep in touch.

Mist.

ulysses
(Login ulysse99)

No score for this post
October 24 2011, 7:21 PM 

why do you think nobody heard Bowie in France? it would be interesting to know why to have this feeling.

In my opnion, Bowie isn't so famous in France than beatles but a lot of people listen to his music, if it wasn't the case, Bowie won't lose his time to do concert there every time he do a tour.

About south of France it's a little bit different but something had to change cause Bowie used to come in marseilles, toulouse or montpellier which are big southern town but for last reality tour smaller town as caracassone was previoused.

I suppose south of france is a good point to connect french public and the spanish one.

This message has been edited by ulysse99 on Oct 24, 2011 7:24 PM

Michael
(Login Mist001)
BW Member

No score for this post
October 24 2011, 7:52 PM 

"I suppose south of france is a good point to connect french public and the spanish one."

Not so much Spanish, more a mix of French, Italian and North African. I call the patois here 'Fritalian', when they talk, it's like getting sprayed with a verbal machine gun. I don't even bother, I just switch off because there's no way you can understand them, and they won't try to explain. Bowie's only been to Marseille twice, 1978 and 2003, first time, there was a power cut, second time he couldn't sell out a 8500 seater auditorium. Even the Stooges couldn't sell out a 1700 capacity open air show up in Istres but Mylene farmer announces she's playing some shows in France, and it makes the first item on prime time news on TV!

A small group of people in France know of Bowie obviously, the French people that post here for starters, but he's certainly not popular or widely known.

Mist.

ulysse
(Login ulysse99)

No score for this post
October 26 2011, 1:39 AM 

in the south of france you can find a lot of people who have spanish root especially close to perpignan cause the spanish frontier is close. Italian in the south? I suppose you can find them close to Nice or maybe Marseilles but they are rare close to Perpignan. Very often people think the south of france is "provence" only but in reality there are several south.

I was born in the south and everyone understand me well, maybe you had difficulties cause there are dialects.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website