<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Morrissey - "I am Proud Of David Bowie Refusing A Knighthood"

July 17 2012 at 5:09 PM
No score for this post
Dash_Away  (Login Dash_Away)
BW Member
from IP address 92.233.90.48

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

popp
(Login idnks)

Re: Morrissey - "I am Proud Of David Bowie Refusing A Knighthood"

No score for this post
July 17 2012, 5:11 PM 

i don't understand why he always refers to bowie, negative one day, positive the other, i just wished he stuck to his own actions instead of judging others

----------------------------------------
what a beautiful thread, tell the others.

sammy mcnight
(Login pleasecomeaway)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 17 2012, 5:52 PM 

I think Bowie struck the right chord, neither accepting nor gloating over bis non-acceptance. He simply expressed mild bemusement. I too think it is one of his better moments.

gabe
(Login gabe_)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 17 2012, 6:33 PM 

I agree sammy

Bowie quietly turned down the knighthood. He didn't go the media looking for a front page news story on how bad ass for refusing, like what Morrisey would do. David also didn't trash anyone who excepted it. Bowie has far too much class, its a shame Morrisey doesn't have any.

This message has been edited by gabe_ from IP address 70.49.11.100 on Jul 17, 2012 6:35 PM

andy
(Login andyrushworth)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 18 2012, 5:18 PM 

The only thing that slightly bores me is Bowie's need to explain that HE turned down a knighthood but I suppose he is a celeb and wants everyone to know his business when it suits him !

I still think his greatest move was dedicating Always Crashing In The Same Car to the deceased Princess Diana happy.gif that was spontaneous and less contrived ! thats if its true ?

Sparkina
(Login Sparkina)
BW Member

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 2:04 AM 

Bowie doesn't need to be a knight. He's the freakin' emperor

muzz
(Login muzz08)
BW Member

benighted

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 8:17 PM 

v astute move by DB, and of course he'd let it be known he turned one down, whatever that means

mozz is just hunting some column inches, he is such a busted flush it's so sad - to do so much in pop so quickly and then have so little so say for so long.

AJ
(Login ajowen)
BW Member

benighted

No score for this post
July 20 2012, 10:52 AM 

Did David ever 'announce' that he had turned down a knighthood?? I have only ever seen him look slightly embarrassed when an interviewer brought the subject up.

ulysses
(Login ulysse99)

Re: benighted

No score for this post
July 20 2012, 3:16 PM 

I remember in France Bowie was Commandeur of the Ordre Des Arts Et Des Lettres, he didn't refuse.

http://www.culture.gouv.fr/culture/actualites/conferen/bowie-deco.htm

Maybe the knightwood is politicalty an engagement ?

I have just read wikipedia article about british orders, waouh I didn't know it was so complicated !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orders,_decorations,_and_medals_of_the_United_Kingdom

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.bowielegend.com/

follow ulysses on twitter :
https://twitter.com/bowielegend

This message has been edited by ulysse99 from IP address 109.210.138.97 on Jul 20, 2012 3:25 PM

Em
(Login crackedemerald)
BW Member

Re: Benighted

No score for this post
July 20 2012, 4:04 PM 

Morrissey: "I want 'em to offer me a knighthood so I can turn it down, too!"

"With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil, that takes religion." Steven Weinberg

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website