<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Bowie hailing a cab in New York

August 2 2012 at 2:39 AM
No score for this post

Retro_Raine  (Login Retro_Raine)
BW Member
from IP address 74.177.61.152

More from April, 2012. Just thought I'd make another thread instead of finding the other one. wink.gif

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Looking good, sir.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

sonofsilence
(Login ziggythecowboy)
BW Member

Re: Bowie hailing a cab in New York

No score for this post
August 2 2012, 7:27 AM 

I guess you don't need your own car in NYC

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Suspected of being a shoulder surfer
But he didn't know from shit
About challenge response systems"

Mayhem
(Login justahint)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 2 2012, 7:49 AM 

Nah, he kept crashing it.

Mick
(Login Littlebombardier)

No score for this post
August 2 2012, 7:57 AM 

Nice to see some pictures after all this time....

popp
(Login idnks)

No score for this post
August 2 2012, 8:29 AM 

thanks for posting

damn...to be that cabdriver....happy.gif

----------------------------------------
what a beautiful thread, tell the others.

mikaels
(Login mikaels)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 2 2012, 5:25 PM 

"Nah, he kept crashing it."
Always the same one wink.gif

Great pix, thanks happy.gif Good to see hm alive (one has o be thankful for small things these days...)

Scott
(Login Nature_Boy)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 2 2012, 9:22 AM 

I like how he hasn't raised his arm to hail the cab for fear of being photographed doing another Nazi salute!

------------

BAN SIGNATURES!

popp
(Login idnks)

No score for this post
August 2 2012, 9:28 AM 

the cab was probably called for i guess

----------------------------------------
what a beautiful thread, tell the others.

Eamonn
(Login abbeystump)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 2 2012, 9:45 AM 

Looks more like Bowie Escaping a Stalker!!!!
Good to see him out of his apartment.

"I Love The Smell Of Adelaide In The Evening"

Ant
(Login earthling1O1O)

No score for this post
August 2 2012, 11:40 AM 

LOL @ Scott wink.gif

Great pix and many thanx.

[linked image]

tonyday
(Login tonyday)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 2 2012, 11:01 AM 

Happened to get in a New York cab once with BillB, and we had a one armed driver called `Butt` !!! happy.gif

Love On.
Craig

BB1
(Login trevorhalvo)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 2 2012, 2:45 PM 

For a man with millions in the bank his wardrobe seems a bit limited these days. Great to see him out and about, and he does look well for his age happy.gif

New York looks a bit of a dump though. Don't the local authorities go around and clean up all the graffiti? Some might think it's art, I just think it looks a mess.

--------------------------------------------
REALITY bites wink.gif
[linked image]
---------------------------------------------

Ant
(Login earthling1O1O)

No score for this post
August 2 2012, 3:10 PM 

New York's a go-go and everything tastes right

happy.gif

[linked image]

gabe
(Login gabe_)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 2 2012, 3:27 PM 

"New York looks a bit of a dump though. Don't the local authorities go around and clean up all the graffiti? Some might think it's art, I just think it looks a mess."

Really i can't see New York in these photos ? Its graffiti on a freaking dumpster parked on the street.

[linked image]

Noel
(Login 2HB)
BW Member

As they say

No score for this post
August 2 2012, 3:30 PM 

if you don't like you New York then you don't love life. On of my top five of the best cities I have ever visited in the world. Fantastic museums and food.

BB1
(Login trevorhalvo)
BW Member

Re: As they say

No score for this post
August 2 2012, 4:01 PM 

(( Really i can't see New York in these photos ? Its graffiti on a freaking dumpster parked on the street. ))

Ok then, don't american firms who own skips paint them up and cover the graffiti? or are they happy to just let their graffiti covered skips sit on road sides making the place look like a trash dump? I'm not saying it doesn't happen in the UK, but it does seem the USA are happy to tolerate graffiti much more than other countries and seem to take the view that it's not a high priority and it's considered somehow art. Or are the pictures of New York and other amerIcan areas that I regularly see on my TV on the news etc misleading and the graffiti covered subways etc are just an illusion? Like I said we have the problem here in the UK as well of course we do, but we do seem to put a slightly higher priority on things when it comes to painting over shitty graffiti.

If someone had a shitty graffiti skip like that dumped outside their house or premises here in the UK, then I don't think it would be too long before a complaint went in to the authorities about it. I assume this skip is somewhere near Bowies rather expensive penthouse apartment?

REALITY bites wink.gif
[linked image]

Noel
(Login 2HB)
BW Member

I agree about the Graffiti

No score for this post
August 2 2012, 4:57 PM 

I doubt if you see it in Manhattan much these days. It usually sends out a signal for neighbourhoods running down. Crime and graffiti are linked. I must admit it wouldn't bother me too much to see it on a dumpster near me because I know the dumpster will be taken away. I'm sure you have to have a license these days to use them in GB (?). But totally understand were you're coming from.

gabe
(Login gabe_)
BW Member

Re: I agree about the Graffiti

No score for this post
August 2 2012, 5:32 PM 

" I'm not saying it doesn't happen in the UK, but it does seem the USA are happy to tolerate graffiti much more than other countries and seem to take the view that it's not a high priority and it's considered somehow art. Or are the pictures of New York and other amerIcan areas that I regularly see on my TV on the news etc misleading and the graffiti covered subways etc are just an illusion? Like I said we have the problem here in the UK as well of course we do, but we do seem to put a slightly higher priority on things when it comes to painting over shitty graffiti. "

Graffiti is part of big city life. City officials have more important issues to worry about, that's one reason why its not a high priority. For those of us who grew up in big cities like NYC, Philly, Chicago, Toronto, we are accustom to it, Modern graffiti art has been around big cities since the early 60s. a lot of us do in fact consider it art. I personally don't have a problem with it as long as its not hateful or tagging. I always stop to look at street art when i'm walking the alleyways of downtown Toronto.

Bristol

[linked image]

Toronto

[linked image]

Also in the UK

[linked image]

NYC

[linked image]

andy
(Login andyrushworth)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 2 2012, 5:14 PM 

Though he's a wonderful clothes horse I guess he's only human and has stuff he prefers ?

BB1
(Login trevorhalvo)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 2 2012, 5:29 PM 

Is it me? or does this multi million pound music superstar look like he has just clocked off from a shift in a textile factory in Rochdale northern England? Or maybe he is secretly the owner of the firm who has just dropped off that shitty skip and he has the customer documents in that satchel of his? wink.gif

Either way it's all a far cry from his Ziggy Stardust days isn't it sad.gif

REALITY bites wink.gif
[linked image]

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 56 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website