<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Who Are You Going To Follow Now?

January 16 2016 at 3:57 AM
No score for this post
Anonymous  (no login)

Now that David Bowie has left the building has anyone else got any other music artists or groups that they feel passionate enough about in order to focus all their interest and energy on from now on.

I'm not saying we should forget about David Bowie and he will always have a place in our hearts, but they do say life is for the living.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

sonofsilence
(Login ziggythecowboy)
BW Member

Re: Who Are You Going To Follow Now?

No score for this post
January 16 2016, 3:59 AM 

Justin Beiber...yeah right.

Hmm don't know. Brian Eno, Tom Waits

Trev⚡️
(Login trevorhalvo)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 16 2016, 4:04 AM 

Hum that's a hard one, everyone I like is bloody well dying or already dead!😟
--------------------------------------------------------------------
[linked image]

Anonymous
(Login NMares)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 16 2016, 4:11 AM 

Well...

Roger Waters is apparently working on a solo album.

Brain Eno releases something now and then, quality not guaranteed.

Trev⚡️
(Login trevorhalvo)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 16 2016, 4:25 AM 

Ok, I'm a massive Charlatans fan, and I love Arcade Fire and Doves, so that's 3 that will keep me busy.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
[linked image]

This message has been edited by trevorhalvo on Jan 16, 2016 4:25 AM

E
(Login MaddHattering)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 16 2016, 4:29 AM 

Perhaps the thing to do is fill a large hole with a lot of small pebbles? Nobody will ever fill the space Bowie occupied so I would say to take that empty hole in our musical hearts and do with it exactly what Sailor himself had spent all of his years doing. Take a chance on the weird and the interesting! Buy a record simply because of its pretty cover. Scour interviews of your favorite artists for hints at what is new and exciting that they're listening to. Try that strange college radio station during a late night drive.

Personally, I haven't been able to listen to any Bowie yet--especially Blackstar--so I've spent the week listening to the things that aided in it's creation. Don McCaslin's band (who were the folks that played on the record), Boards of Canada, and even that Kendrick Lamar album that keeps getting referenced in interviews. It's all helped a bit. Don McCaslin's band in particular too. They just had a record come out in the Spring and you can hear the Blackstar style in its infancy.

P.S. Greetings everyone! It's been ages since I've logged onto a Bowie forum. Been a long time lurker and no time poster here though--so I figured I'd finally make an account. Unfortunately it's under such circumstances.

Sparkina
(Login Sparkina)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 16 2016, 5:12 AM 

I like an assortment of artists, but no one with Bowie's standing, so I'll be content with The Gentleman's vast back catalogue of musical enchantment.
It's a long way from the likes of TAKE MY TIP and UNCLE ARTHUR to the likes of, say, LAZARUS, and I love it all. Thank you for the music, Mr. David Robert Jones Bowie

sonofsilence
(Login ziggythecowboy)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 16 2016, 5:13 AM 

actually, do we have to follow anyone?

IamRockinhorse
(no login)

No score for this post
January 16 2016, 5:24 AM 

I will continue to listen to Bowie and shuffle in some Arcade Fire, Vampire Weekend, Muse, U2, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Starsailor, Queens of the Stone Age, Arctic Monkeys, Awolnation, Modest Mouse, Lou Reed, Patti Smith, Rolling Stones, Flogging Molly, Black 47, Disappears, Nine Inch Nails, One Republic, the Script, Rachmaninov, Apocalyptica, Cat Stevens, Renaissance, Elefant, and whatever else pops up on my Pandora shuffle. But Bowie will always be first and foremost for me.

Thylacine
(Login Thylacine8)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 16 2016, 8:50 AM 

I think Janelle Monae is going to continue to do wonderful things.

Bjork is another hero.

Yoko Ono is still releasing fantastic albums.

Brian Eno's last two albums have some great tracks.

Woodkid, depending on the quality of his future albums- could be a person of interest.

Anthony and the Johnsons are still pushing boundaries.

Asaf Avidan has a peculiar voice, and a great delivery.

Tino
(Login beanypig)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 16 2016, 8:55 AM 

Absolutely and utterly no-one will ever fill his shoes. I'm following(?) a colossal musical vaccum right now.
A big dyson vacuum, lol.

Anonymous
(Login gazzashiatsu)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 16 2016, 10:08 AM 

good question who?
tbh im gonna struggle to find this massive musical whole filled from now on.
i love lots of bands, but nothing comes quite as near as the anticipation for bowie.
so sad, & makes me angry infact.
i spoke to my brother, other day, a fan also & asked
'so where do we get our 'fix' from now kid?(musically)
who's gonna do it for us'???
the reality IS nobody sad.gif

Anonymous
(Login sylvianne)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 16 2016, 10:34 AM 

There's nobody else.
For the best we have to look to the past.

Peter
(Login Pierre-Le-Puff)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 16 2016, 10:38 AM 

I will keep listening to Bowie of course! As well as several others, some of which David got me interested in so I have much to thank him for. We have 50 years of great Bowie music to listen to and there is no reason why that should stop. But he also gave me enthusiasm for keeping an eye on anything new and different.

If I am honest I had pretty much thought we would only get one or two more albums. The Next Day was announced on David's 66th birthday. Blackstar came out on his 69th. Looking ahead I therefore thought it seemed logical the next one might be when he was 72. Then 75. I then realised that it could not go on forever and assumed he would retire for real.

Sparkina
(Login Sparkina)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 16 2016, 6:07 PM 

"I then realised that it could not go on forever and assumed he would retire for real."
I don't think one can retire from music. It's not like working at a company.

banville
(Login banville)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 16 2016, 10:44 AM 

There was always an element of following your act, like they were a football club and had good seasons and bad ones. Bowie was definitely in the Premiership.

Can I suggest the following:
St. Vincent:http://ilovestvincent.com/#video
and
I'll keep an eye on this Irish band: Bleeding Heart Pigeons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omw8SeJkc_c

but you could look at Spoon, Temples, Bjork (of course), Tame Impala and Beach House.

BZ
(Login BowieZowie)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 16 2016, 11:00 AM 

Iggy Pop, of course. Like I have done for almost 40 years. There is a song in the vaults by Bowie: 'iggy pop, iggy pop, when are you gonna stop'. I was expeting some sort of a reunion this or next year, the anniversaries you know, but unfortunately that doesn't seem a possibility now for obvious reasons.

Oh Lordy
(Login Oh_Lordy)
BW Member

Yes, see what you're getting at

No score for this post
January 16 2016, 1:11 PM 

Probably Radiohead for me.

Anonymous
(Login Mist001)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 16 2016, 1:14 PM 

I'm not going to follow anybody, I'll just keep doing what I did when Bowie was here, listening to stuff that interests me.

Mist.
'When I saw the result, I threw up. My body rejected it.'

Heddonist
(Login Heddonist)

NICK CAVE

No score for this post
January 16 2016, 1:35 PM 

Seriously... he's the man.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website