<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

tintoy
(Login tintoy)
BW Member

Re: Coco

No score for this post
January 30 2016, 6:15 PM 

I hope she becomes defender of the artistic legacy. The thought of a We Will Rock You type of thing, a Ziggy played guitar musical would be nauseating . . . .

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
funkhowser
(Login funkhowser1)
BW Member

Papers say it's Opossum Inc.

No score for this post
January 30 2016, 1:10 PM 

Corporate Wiki comes up blank. Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) where you would look up a company's financial worthiness before getting involved with them is a similar dead-end. If you check the various stock issuing agencies, another dead-end. Which points to a privately held company, solely financed by Bowie which has now passed to Coco. This could have been for the purposes of tax advantages or who knows what. Since there is intentional zero public disclosure, and they're not trading stock on a market, it's all conjecture on our part.

Anonymous
(Login sylvianne)
BW Member

Re: Papers say it's Opossum Inc.

No score for this post
January 30 2016, 6:18 PM 

I don't believe much of this.
Pretty sure he's worth more than 70 million quid too.

Jon
(Login the_starman)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 30 2016, 6:25 PM 

Sylvianne

A couple points worth bearing in mind:

1. Most of this will be equity tied up in investment or assets - these will be assessed conservatively . (His lawyers won't want to pay more death duties than need be) it won't be cash in the bank. That's stuff is too easy to count...

2. He may well have divested a lot of equity before his death - transferred to his family etc. to avoid death duties etc.

3. £70M is a shed load of money

Jon

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 30 2016, 7:26 PM 

Don't forget the Tintoretto's. Hirst, Rubens, Lanyon, Howson, Nicholson,

Not an insignificant collection.
"I feel I may be the subject of The Prettiest Star"

https://godisimaginary.com/

tintoy
(Login tintoy)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 30 2016, 7:47 PM 

they may be bequeathed to a gallery?? National Gallery and Tate would be good . . .

Richard
(Login ikonikon)
BW Member

O----possum

No score for this post
February 1 2016, 6:58 AM 

The New York Times says the company he left his shares to coco is

Opossum inc, not Possum.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/30/nyregion/david-bowies-will-splits-estate-said-to-be-worth-100-million.html?_r=0

So which it it ?

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

Re: O----possum

No score for this post
February 1 2016, 7:38 AM 

There's a private company called possum inc in Brooklyn

No details for opossum inc

Could be a typo.

Richard
(Login ikonikon)
BW Member

typo

No score for this post
February 1 2016, 12:19 PM 

yes, it could be a typo. I would tend to trust the factcheckers at the new york times though.

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

Re: typo

No score for this post
February 1 2016, 1:50 PM 

Trust nobody.

A loose 'o' is perplexing.

Fact checkers at newspapers are a joke mostly

Artemis
(Login ArtemisBurns)
BW Member

Opossum

No score for this post
February 2 2016, 4:58 AM 

How peculiar.
A company named after a critter who pretends to be dead when accosted.

Anonymous
(Login admiralbenbowie)
BW Member

Re: Opossum

No score for this post
February 2 2016, 7:14 AM 

Looks like it could be an anagram of something to me... You know, like Isolar - Sailor...

Spoon Music?

neilio
(Login neilio2)
BW Member

an anagram hey?

No score for this post
February 2 2016, 12:05 PM 

An anagram of opossum is:

Spumoso - which is Italian for "frothy or scummy"

Supomos - which is Portugese for "we assume"

.....we're through the looking glass here folks...

christian
(Login attfiecz)
BW Member

No score for this post
February 5 2016, 4:15 AM 

Anonymous
(Login Mist001)
BW Member

No score for this post
February 5 2016, 5:21 AM 

They could have at least given a name check instead of just 'Network54'. Mind you, after the behaviour of some posters over the last few days, it could have been worse, a LOT worse!

Mist.
'When I saw the result, I threw up. My body rejected it.'

Nick
(Login SoftVinyl)
BW Member

No score for this post
February 6 2016, 2:39 AM 

"They could have at least given a name check instead of just 'Network54'. Mind you, after the behaviour of some posters over the last few days, it could have been worse, a LOT worse! "

I 100% agree!!!
'You start out wrinkled and you cry...you end up wrinkled and you die.'

Artemis
(Login ArtemisBurns)
BW Member

Opossum

No score for this post
February 5 2016, 11:32 PM 

I wouldn't be surprised if the company has a stake in the future of "Lazarus" (the stage production), either future staging developments, possible movie rights, any music compilations/sound tracks derived, royalties, merchandise, etc.

The historical references of Lazarus may be an analogy to an opossum ... seemingly coming back to life after death.

Circumspection resurrection.

sonofsilence
(Login ziggythecowboy)
BW Member

No score for this post
February 6 2016, 2:59 AM 

I can image there would be a nice slice of the "Bowie is" pie too.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website