<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

THE photo of David Bowie

May 12 2016 at 10:02 AM
No score for this post
sam  (Login whitecaps)
BW Member

Hi, I'd like to start a thread about the single greatest photo of David Bowie. Which do you think it is? I have one.

The photo I'm thinking of has never before been seen until it was posted in the "photos of David Bowie we've never seen before" thread at the Steve Hoffman forums.

This photo is a live shot taken from the Station To Station tour. It epitomizes Bowie as a roaring cannon. In this photo, and I'm giddy just describing it, Bowie is standing up on stage, but bent over backwards so that his back is parallel to the floor. His face is contorted into a wild roar, like a demon unleashed, his incredible charisma in a vulgar display. Bowie is so flexible in this shot that his face is aimed not at the audience, but toward the sky as if railing against the heavens.

If anyone has the skills, can you post this photo here? I think the message board will be rewarded, as it has been by my posts.

Which do you think is the single greatest photo of David Bowie?

This message has been edited by whitecaps on May 12, 2016 10:10 AM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

wok
(Login wokwokwok)
BW Member

Re: THE photo of David Bowie

No score for this post
May 12 2016, 10:41 AM 

based upon that description I bet it is that one sam...shame you didn't post it....

Jan
(Login FTcollector)
BW Member

TWD limbo

No score for this post
May 12 2016, 11:38 AM 

This message has been edited by FTcollector on May 12, 2016 11:42 AM

sam
(Login whitecaps)
BW Member

Re: TWD limbo

No score for this post
May 12 2016, 12:37 PM 

That's the one, thanks.

Oh Lordy
(Login Oh_Lordy)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 12 2016, 7:07 PM 

(and I'm giddy just describing it)

LOL, love that Sam.

andy
(Login andyrushworth)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 12 2016, 7:12 PM 

Possibly my favorite could be the CHANGESTWOBOWIE cover pic , it show's a man right at the peak of his powers and yet devoid of any real image , the face as beautiful as ever the hair is scruffy but in an elegant way , the clothes normal and almost boring happy.gif but the face and hair are just COOL !!!

Doctoroctopus
(Login doctoroctopussy)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 12 2016, 7:38 PM 

[linked image]
----------------------------------------------

mikewest
(Login west406)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 12 2016, 11:16 PM 

Don't know why but picture 34 for originality and picture 42 for growing out his red hair !

andy
(Login andyrushworth)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 13 2016, 3:38 PM 

Cheers Doc happy.gif

Trev⚡️
(Login trevorhalvo)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 13 2016, 3:46 PM 

Thanks for the link to that Steve Hoffman thread Jan, some great photos of Bowie on there, some I haven't seen before.

I've just spent a pleasant 15 mins or so looking at them. Wonderful stuff, thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
[linked image]

Jan
(Login FTcollector)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 13 2016, 5:14 PM 

You're welcome Trev, there are a lot of interesting threads on the forum certainly this year and fanatic posters.

BTW found the 4 part Dublin 1997 show from August 9 freshly posted on YouTube, but I haven't had time to watch them and see if they're new, known or a collection of separate tracks published before (damn pc crashed yesterday).

Here's part 1/4
https://youtu.be/9z3pTrmOsHo

Anonymous
(Login Wearyourwoundwithhonor)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 14 2016, 4:01 PM 

[linked image]

This should squash any further arguments, thank you very much.

mikewest
(Login west406)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 14 2016, 5:34 PM 

Remember seeing this picture over 13 years ago when I joined Bowienet , I had to do a double take, it was either a Spinal Tap moment with the cucumber or Mr Bowie has been extremely blessed !

Anonymous
(Login pauljeans)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 14 2016, 5:38 PM 

I remember it being fake

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website