<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
sammy mcnight
(Login pleasecomeaway)
BW Member

Re: One currently being written

Score 1.0 (1 person)
August 13 2017, 3:03 AM 

The way he made his body vanish in death without the slightest forensic detail. Though we could have done without it, we were treated to Chris Cornell's blood-smeared bathroom tiles and Cobain face up on his gazebo floor. Bowie's death was like the immaculate conception. Nothing escaped the airless room.

One day he was here (allegedly). The next we were being asked to look up for him in heaven, and barely before the last record needle had dropped. It was like he had ascended before his heart stopped. The circumstances of his death were easily as strange as his life. In fact I can't think of a stranger death. Did he slump over and die like most blokes do or did he simply make a video approximating the experience and them vanish?

It's easy to be distracted by the make-up, the clever hooks and the epic album sales. White light. This was one of the most unfailingly eerie dudes ever. Do some of you ever climb out of your vinyl collector stupors and think about just how eerie this guy was? No wonder so many folks try to pin the fellow down on paper. He scares the shit out of them.
www.gettheebehind.me

This message has been edited by pleasecomeaway on Aug 13, 2017 3:37 AM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Jon
(Login the_starman)
BW Member

Score 5.0 (1 person)
August 13 2017, 8:17 AM 

Will this guff never end?

"The way he made his body vanish in death without the slightest forensic detail".

No, a doctor examined and pronounced him dead as is required by law - as is normal practice with people.

"Bowie's death was like the immaculate conception. Nothing escaped the airless room".

No - the man died in private with his family and close friends, like most people do. You weren't invited.

"The circumstances of his death were easily as strange as his life".

You do not know anything about the circumstances of this man's private life or death.

"Do some of you ever... think about just how eerie this guy was?"

Are you 12 years old?

"I can't think of a stranger death".

You lack imagination.

"He scares the shit out of them"

Who? tell me one person Bowie 'scared'? (His lawyers don't count - i imagine they have scared many people over the years).

I do hope if anyone feels compelled to write (yet) another biography of Bowie that their grasp of the facts and reality is a tad more secure.

Jon xx

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 13 2017, 10:28 AM 

Jon

I think some folk are stuck in the labyrinth , lost in space and time.
"I feel I may be the subject of The Prettiest Star"

https://godisimaginary.com/

Jon
(Login the_starman)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 13 2017, 10:41 AM 

I actually think that a book about how Bowie (or their perception of him) has shaped the lives/consciousness of some of his fans would be far more interesting than a bio of the man himself. What possesses clever people to engage in this nonsense? The expression of a fantasy life? a yearning for their lost youth and a sense of meaning? border line mental illness?

Michael
(Login Mist001)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 13 2017, 12:19 PM 

I reiterate. To me, there's seemingly as much evidence that Bowie faked his demise and is still alive (as Jones) as there is that he died. Looking back as with most of Bowies stuff, some things start to become clear. He may well be alive and well and living in Berlin as in the WAWN now video.

Anyway, whether he faked it or did die doesn't really matter. The entity known as David Bowie is over.

Mist.
'When I saw the result, I threw up. My body rejected it.'

Jon
(Login the_starman)
BW Member

Average Score 5.0 (2 people)
August 13 2017, 1:28 PM 

i rest my case

sam
(Login whitecaps)
BW Member

Score 1.0 (1 person)
August 13 2017, 1:30 PM 

I think we can all agree that Bowie's death was as shocking as possible. One moment we have no idea he is even barely ill, the next moment they announce he has died.

One moment he is working on, and attending the premiere of his new play, his new album is released, the next moment there are "RIP David Bowie" posts at all the music forums.

When something like this happens, it is normal to say, "Wait a moment, what?"

One thing we know for sure, that dog of his now has two different colored eyes. Coincidence? I don't think so.

sammy mcnight
(Login pleasecomeaway)
BW Member

Score 1.0 (1 person)
August 13 2017, 1:35 PM 

I knew I was cuing up Mist's Elvis is alive theory. Highly unlikely I would think. But in the end not as important as what happened and is continuing to happen to all of us.

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

To flesh and blood I might add all that's stacked and folded nicely on the virtual shelves of eBay. That gathers much guff in a nutshell.

How does this type of discussion continue to be a third rail for so many? Baudelaire's destruction of superstition managed to train attention away from the unseen and fixate it instead on mauve vinyl allowing spiritual myopia to make unprecedented strides. The genius of pop culture lies in its ability to make one feel nothing of import is happening. It's a gas gas gas. However the elemental spiritual struggle never went away. In fact it was redoubling itself. The false news heralding its destruction was a stroke of dark genius.

Everything that matters can't be seen which gives lie to the collector's impulse. Nothing's gained by gathering.
The eyes are central nonetheless, not as vision centers, but as transoms. Sometimes the eye breaks and becomes perhaps too easily traversed. Haunted eyes are evidence of roosting Principalities.

I'm not trying to convince anybody. But a whole lot was happening under the banner of 'not much to see here'.
For those who can't join me on the Ephesians train, we'll never see eye to eye. For my part I promise never to overturn your auction kiosks.

www.gettheebehind.me
www.gettheebehind.me

Paddy
(Login pproche)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 13 2017, 4:44 PM 

Again with this?

Ian Fraser Kilmister didn't die either, Lemmy did? I assume Norma Jean Baker is still kicking around too, ffs.

Anonymous
(Login MGOSCH)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 13 2017, 6:47 PM 

Elvis and Hitler died in Argentina and Michael Jackson is still alive

Anonymous
(Login TimmySheen)
BW Member

No score for this post
August 13 2017, 8:56 PM 

One of the things that intrigues me about the procession of biographies is that the moments they describe actually don't account for that much of his life. The recording of let's dance, a couple of weeks. The Ziggy tour - a few dozen shows. There is scads of time where we have absolutely no bloody idea what he did. About 90% of his time on earth

Nemo
(Login whidbeyisland)
BW Member

Ephesians 6:12

No score for this post
August 13 2017, 9:06 PM 

My take away is the messaging from the White House is chaotic and disturbing.
One could only hope that their messaging was as disciplined as the Bowie camp.
But then sammy thinks that's theft of love.
The distress is elsewhere.
Better than
Make America Hate Again.

Richard
(Login ikonikon)
BW Member

no bloody idea what he did.

No score for this post
August 13 2017, 11:44 PM 

it might be possible to compile lots of that biographical info, but it is a herculean task.

involving clipping and international photodabases.

We now have a book tracking John Lennon and Yoko Ono activities from 1966 to 1980 called Lenonology, and that took nearly 10 years to compile, with fans sending pointers and clippings and gossipy bits ...

A similar project would be possible for DB up to when he disappeared from public life in his last decade. But even then, now we are slowing getting bits and pieces, like the input from Michael Cunningham the novelist with whom he worked.

DB himself only mentioned this project exactly once, as far as I know. I remember it, because Cunningham is one of my fave writer.

And then nothing. So all this time he was silent, I was waiting for him to bring out 'something'

Not so much interested in his family life, but rather the artists he might have visited and talked to, that sort of thing.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website