<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Tyler
(Login libertine90)
BW Member

Re: UK album chart updates

No score for this post
December 15 2016, 8:11 PM 

Ummmm hang_man...you better tell us more about this "hidden track" please

Or am I missing some obvious joke here and letting my hopes blindly get too high again?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

wok
(Login wokwokwok)
BW Member

No score for this post
December 16 2016, 1:10 AM 

i'm presuming there's no hidden track tyler...this has to be the most tasteless compilation ever...having said that bonus points for dancing in the streets...

Lee
(Login lestwh)
BW Member

No score for this post
December 16 2016, 6:56 AM 

Peeled the labels off and it's there on side 2 but my record player arm auto lifts after ICGEA so I can't play it.

Tyler
(Login libertine90)
BW Member

No score for this post
December 16 2016, 4:50 PM 

I was assuming hang_man meant a hidden track on Blackstar...but now I see I was being too naïve and letting myself get blinded with emotions. To be fair though, yesterday was really not a good day for me so I was indeed looking for any sort of sliver of light

leo
(Login sylvianne)
BW Member

blackstar update

No score for this post
December 16 2016, 7:08 PM 

blackstars black star continues to rise this week with a healthy jump of 23 places up from 72 to 49.
it's now spent a total of 27 weeks in the official UK album chart so far.

legacy is still in the top 20 just after 5 weeks.

Anonymous
(Login BenderRodriguez)
BW Member

Re: blackstar update

No score for this post
December 17 2016, 12:54 AM 

[linked image]

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
December 17 2016, 8:55 AM 

I like that Bender
"I feel I may be the subject of The Prettiest Star"

https://godisimaginary.com/

wok
(Login wokwokwok)
BW Member

No score for this post
December 17 2016, 9:56 AM 

there could be a better album cover in there fo sho. oh well...just varnished the coffee table so legacy may come in handy for hot toddies...

wok
(Login wokwokwok)
BW Member

No score for this post
December 17 2016, 10:22 AM 

i think they should have gone all out droll and called it "it's loud and it's tasteless and i've heard it before" i don't have a cd printer but i could get those stickers that somone here said screw up your player photoshop up a cover complete with fake bar code and then give it in to nearest charity shop...i guarantee it would be snapped up:

i'm thinking 1987 photo of bowie on the front, perhaps a picture of his shclong on the back (mwfte or jared). in fact i could just put hoggle on the back:

tracklisting

The Laughing Gnome
Day In Day Out (Spanish Version)
Dancing In the Streets
Wishful Beginnings
Never Let Me Down
Let's Dance
Seven (Beck Mix)
Blue Jean
China Girl
Rebel Never Gets Old
Segue: Algeria Touchsriek
Peace On Earth
This Is Not America
Let's Dance (Club Bolly Version)
A Small Plot of Land
Blackstar
Sell Me A Coat

i'm seriously thinking about doing this...thing is it will sell the same day i put it in...I may change the title to the more sedate: Golden Bowie. Heck It could even be a 2 or 3 CD extravaganza.

Trev
(Login trevorhalvo)
BW Member

They Seek It Here They Seek It There

No score for this post
December 17 2016, 11:07 AM 

A hidden track eh?

Still not enough to make me want to buy this bollox 💤
--------------------------------------------------------------------
[linked image]

wok
(Login wokwokwok)
BW Member

Re: They Seek It Here They Seek It There

No score for this post
December 17 2016, 3:02 PM 

i agree trev...the average person on here could do a better cover and track list. even collectors on here will pass (even though the odd wife or husband may buy it anyway, better than socks, right?)
having said that what is the bonus track, only on vinyl edition? probably another single edit that someone randomly fades out...this is a marvelously tacky release...then again calling a compilation nothing has changed may not make for such a festive season...

Sparkina
(Login Sparkina)
BW Member

Re: legacy

No score for this post
December 18 2016, 4:37 AM 

Of course I bought it

wok
(Login wokwokwok)
BW Member

No score for this post
December 18 2016, 10:46 PM 

sparkina couldya please make a blingy about how it made you feel?

Anonymous
(Login sylvianne)
BW Member

No score for this post
December 19 2016, 7:39 PM 

midweek

legacy up to 15

blackstar up to 45

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
December 20 2016, 9:14 AM 

There will be some very happy 12 year old girls this Christmas receiving their first Bowie album.

Anonymous
(Login sylvianne)
BW Member

new official Xmas chart

No score for this post
December 23 2016, 7:27 PM 

legacy up 4 places to no 16
6 weeks in.

blackstar up 8 places to no 41
28 weeks in.

going well.

with January 8th fast approaching and all the TV and radio exposure they could continue to do well over the next few weeks or so.

sonofsilence
(Login ziggythecowboy)
BW Member

Re: new official Xmas chart

No score for this post
December 23 2016, 11:58 PM 

Even the tracklisting for the vinyl version of Legacy is inferior to NHC's.

mike west
(Login west406)
BW Member

Re: new official Xmas chart

No score for this post
December 25 2016, 11:12 PM 

I've stopped buying compilations when Best of Bowie came out, and I didn't buy either 5 Years or WCIBN , its overkill now, and what about counterfeit vinyl , they all over the place different colours , its bonkers. Lets hope 2017 offers something new, the Blackstar bonus tracks were nice, lets see some more of that please.

Anonymous
(Login sylvianne)
BW Member

midweek chart action

No score for this post
January 9 2017, 9:26 PM 

legacy has jumped up to no 5 from no 18. beating it's highest position on debut week of no 13.
it's surprisingly faring well after 9 weeks it's not dropped out of the top 20.
come Friday let's hope it holds its position with further bowie activity to come it's looking good.

blackstar also has vaulted a massive 48 places up to midweek place of no 28.

the next day has recently entered at 72 and ziggy and hunky dory have also crept back inside the top 100 at 77 and 83.

Anonymous
(Login DaithiOBuadhaigh)
BW Member

Compilations

No score for this post
January 9 2017, 10:58 PM 

Whatever it being just 12 year old girls, I personally think that people here (not yourself) complaining about new repackaging of Bowie's hits are missing the point a little.
To expand on this, it is now like complaining about Beethoven's sonatas being endlessly repackaged to the public- cds of the "hits" available for a small amount of money at garage forecourts, airports etc.- same as Elvis, Sinatra and so on. In ten years time, or a hundred years time, people will be hearing his music for the first time in whatever format* and for some of them, this will be a gateway to discovering more of his genius- it is where the fans of the future are going to come from.
I myself came to Bowie through a bootleg tape of the K Tel Best of Bowie album in early '81 (a 12 year old boy!).
There is no need to disparage "Best Ofs"- the issue for most here is the continuing absence of all the interesting archive stuff- a smaller market, so less well looked after. Having said that, the double cd of the Nassau concert in WCIBN is the first time I have heard it on anything other than poor quality bootleg tapes (the only accessible format for me growing up). So the reference point for "rarity" is not the same for all on here either.

*Assuming none of DB's many dystopian futures come to fruition!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website