<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Bowie's Last Photo Session--the hooked fingers

January 7 2017 at 4:40 AM
No score for this post
jpgetty  (Login jpgetty)
BW Member
from IP address 83.71.81.250

In one of the photos David strikes a pose where one finger of each hand points out and downwards and is slightly hooked. I've always suspected that there was some significance to this.

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/david-bowie-promo.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&strip=all

I think there is a possibility that he is referencing Hans Holbein’s painting, The Body of the Dead Christ in the Tomb:

https://viewfromaburrow.com/2014/08/28/dostoevsky-the-idiot/

This painting inspired Dostoevsky to write the novel The Idiot, which Bowie had read and suggested as the title for Iggy's 1977 album.

Here's Bowie with the novel:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/e6/16/55/e61655f5291922041834716910d8ff0c.jpg

This message has been edited by jpgetty from IP address 83.71.81.250 on Jan 7, 2017 6:48 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(Login Decador)
BW Member

Re: Bowie's Last Photo Session--the hooked fingers

No score for this post
January 7 2017, 3:30 PM 

I read a discussion about this (here? Bnet?) but it didn't really get anywhere. I'm also very curious about the gesture. It so obviously has some meaning. This is a very good guess, probably as good as we'll get!

Anonymous
(Login TalkingTall)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 7 2017, 4:16 PM 

Often wondered if he had Dupuytren's contracture, like Bill Nighy, and that he often held a water bottle to cover this. I'm sure Mist or someone pointed it out on some pap photos from the 00's.

Also surprised that there has never been discussion about Bowie being on the autistic spectrum (although most males are on the spectrum somewhere). His intelligence, activity, rapidly losing interest in subjects, ability to drop people, being very visual and creative.

Anonymous
(Login sylvianne)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 7 2017, 6:11 PM 

wtf is this shit?

it's getting worse on here.

login in names I've never heard of pretending like they have been on here for years.
leads you to think multiple alias syndrome strikes again.

so sad especially at this time.

dazhoo
(Login dazhoo072)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 7 2017, 6:43 PM 

Too true pointless bullshit

Richard
(Login ikonikon)
BW Member

rapidly losing interest in subjects

No score for this post
January 8 2017, 1:12 AM 

I don't know about this

He was in to r'n'b in the 60s and he continued to be, referencing Lmar KEndricks

He was into literature of all kinds. All report say he was a voracious reader, and even in his last interview he kept up to date, referecing people like Cunningham.

Cinema, ditto

Electronica... there since at least DD... and present all the way to Blackstar

20 some years married to the same woman

30 or 40 years with the same personal assistant.

CA
(Login CossacksAre)
BW Member

Re: rapidly losing interest in subjects

No score for this post
January 8 2017, 9:14 AM 

A large part of my brain screamed "what a lot of bollocks" when I saw this thread, but I have to say that the last picture of Bowie on the TV screen in the No Plan video is strikingly similar to that of the dead guy.

Anonymous
(Login bobjonesfan)
BW Member

Re: rapidly losing interest in subjects

No score for this post
January 8 2017, 11:20 AM 

personally.....crooked fingers..no more no less

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website