<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Bowie Oops Thread

January 8 2017 at 10:02 PM
No score for this post
Anonymous  (Login hang_man)
BW Member

Inspired by An Alligator's 'Heard some people in the queue behind us at Brixton saying how good it was and they didn't know he'd lived in Berlin' from the other thread - please add your hackle rising Nu-Bowie fan observations here.

The other day at a pub quiz looking back at 2016, one of the questions was 'How many albums did Bowie release?'

The team next to mine put '7'.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Anonymous
(Login Dr.Ink)
BW Member

Re: Bowie Oops Thread

No score for this post
January 8 2017, 10:48 PM 

No way - even cats & dogs know it was more
than a dozen albums. However there are really
no wrong answers in a pub.
Favorite song today - look back in anger

AnAlligator
(Login An-Alligator)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 8 2017, 11:36 PM 

Well, I never thought I'd see a thread on here that starts 'inspired by AnAlligator' so thanks for that hangman!

How many albums is a trick question - I remember this time last year, every obit had a different number, depending on whether they included Tin Machine and/or BOS,and whether they left out the Deram album. There were so many inaccuracies all over that I have up worrying about them.

Lee
(Login lestwh)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 8 2017, 11:47 PM 

Did you be a clever arse Hangy and include the TM albums,and subsequently get into an argument with the quizmaster?

Bloody jobswoth of a pub quizmaster once wouldn't allow me 'polka dot' because I didn't prefix it with 'red and white' and I'm still stewing about it 15 years later.

Not really an oops moment but everyone feeling the need to tell me wen it came out that Where Are We Now was shit used to get my back up.Don't know why because it makes no odds to me..it just did.

Edit.Yeah,pressure must have been on with all your team looking in your direction.Did you get it right?
I wouldn't know off the top of my head without counting through them.

This message has been edited by lestwh on Jan 8, 2017 11:53 PM

AnAlligator
(Login An-Alligator)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 9 2017, 12:26 AM 

Another queue incident waiting to get into a Bowie event years ago. Some kids had clearly just discovered Moon Of Alabama (this was pre Internet, so you found the more obscure tracks slowly). They just kept singing the 'show me the way to the next whisky bar...' bit over and over and they thought it was hilarious, and that only they knew this weird secret song that they thought was embarrassing for DB.

AnAlligator
(Login An-Alligator)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 9 2017, 12:55 AM 

What about the Eno produced trilogy of albums recorded in Berlin? That annoys me.

And Aladdin Sane flashes painted on old faces at Bowie events, that too. Just got back from the Brixton gig and yep, still happening, in 2017.

gabe
(Login gabe_)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 9 2017, 1:47 AM 

During Man Who Sold The World on the Reality tour, i heard someone behind me say, "hey this is a Nirvana song"

Gabor
(Login Gabor_C)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 9 2017, 6:43 AM 

"That's a Nirvana song" is a sentence that I've heard too many times in the last 2 decades

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 9 2017, 8:00 AM 

I'm fed up of hearing that Bowie would've been nothing without Ronson. Much as I admire Ronson it's just not true.
"I feel I may be the subject of The Prettiest Star"

https://godisimaginary.com/

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 9 2017, 8:56 AM 

I was one off in my album count. I concluded they factored in Labyrinth too. I was ready for a dust up about Tin Machine / BOS etc but I was allowed the points so let it go. I didn't want to be 'that guy'.

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
November 15 2017, 9:04 AM 

Posters / mugs / tshirts that have the Aladdin Sane cover, plus the words Rebel Rebel or Heroes.

I've also noticed people dressing as Ziggy and posting hashtag '80s'

Larranaga
(Login Larranaga)
BW Member

No score for this post
November 15 2017, 12:29 PM 

'Mike Garson was Bowie's keyboard-player for 30 years' -
well, maybe if you ignore the 18 year gap between the end of the Soul Tour and BTWN.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website