<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

The Hype..........

January 8 2017 at 11:36 PM
No score for this post

Michael.  (Login Mist001)
BW Member
from IP address 88.138.85.86

Ok, this will probably be for the old timers here but if you cast your minds back a few years, there was talk on here of a complete Hype gig filmed and it was being held in a university somewhere in England. I don't think it was Oxford, but maybe Norfolk or something like that.

Can anyone remember the thread I'm talking about?

Mist.
'When I saw the result, I threw up. My body rejected it.'

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

AnAlligator
(Login An-Alligator)
BW Member

Re: The Hype..........

No score for this post
January 8 2017, 11:44 PM 

Rings a bell, but I don't remember the specifics. You probably know by now there was some 'new' colour Hype footage in the Last Five Years doc last night.

Michael.
(Login Mist001)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 8 2017, 11:45 PM 

Yeah, that's what made me remember the thread. I think last nights stuff was from The Roundhouse? Someone will remember what I'm on about.

Mist.

Doctorocto
(Login doctoroctopussy)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 9 2017, 12:42 AM 

Its held by the guy who got credited at the end. He wanted a lot of money for it IIRC.
----------------------------------------------

Michael.
(Login Mist001)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 9 2017, 12:59 AM 

Yeah, that's one of them but isn't that the one from the Roundhouse? I'm pretty sure there's another one like I described above.

Mist.

BSI
(Login bowieseveninch)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 9 2017, 1:01 AM 

So, effectively, the guy who owns the footage is a daft greedy bastard hoping for a big pay day that will never arrive and end up dying and the footage may be lost forever.

Why the fuck does every prick under the sun think it is their right to make money of Bowie's name in death?

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 9 2017, 8:11 AM 

@ MIst - it was Hull University. The Film Society there allegedly filmed the complete Hype gig at Hull Uni in 1970, as well as the Paul McCartney & Wings 'University Tour' when it visited the same venue the following year.
"I feel I may be the subject of The Prettiest Star"

https://godisimaginary.com/

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website