<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

predictions for songs on the Spanish "Bowie Is" exhibition 7 inch?

January 10 2017 at 2:34 AM
No score for this post

sonofsilence  (Login ziggythecowboy)
BW Member

Well Al Alba is the obvious one. What could be the b-side?

Heroes in Spanish? If it exists. Seriously, what songs does he have with a Spanish connection? Tryin' To Get To Heaven?

This message has been edited by ziggythecowboy on Jan 10, 2017 2:53 AM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Jamie
(Login lightningmoonstar)
BW Member

Re: predictions for songs on the Spanish "Bowie Is" exhibition 7 inch?

No score for this post
January 10 2017, 2:56 AM 

Wasn't there a fame/ beauty and the beast Spanish remix single?

sonofsilence
(Login ziggythecowboy)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 10 2017, 3:49 AM 

I've never heard of that.

Another thing they could have is a recording from a live show of his in Spain. Which is cheating but hey, I wouldn't be surprised.

wok
(Login wokwokwok)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 10 2017, 4:04 AM 

according to the liner notes on space oddity 40th, spanish space oddity was considered after the italian version but they never did it...i'm guessing it doesn't exist...you still never know with these things but i reckon the cream of the crop came out with the rykos.

how about day in b/w al alba (7" single versions of course)

Michael.
(Login Mist001)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 10 2017, 5:53 AM 

Like he said, there's 'Fame/Beauty And The Beast' and 'Heroes', both Spanish 12" Disco Singles. I don't think they'll use them though.

Mist.
'When I saw the result, I threw up. My body rejected it.'

jopasso
(Login jopasso)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 10 2017, 8:20 AM 

I've got my tickets for two days

First day I'll rush through it to calm down the hunger
Second day I'll be there for hours savoring every item

By the way, Al alba?
It's the very worst input in his songbook.
Better nothing than that crap

Michael.
(Login Mist001)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 10 2017, 11:22 AM 

Watch Barcelona, it's VERY bad for pickpockets, even worse than Marseille. The other thing is beggars. French beggars ask you for cigarettes, Barcelonic beggars ask you for money.

Mist.
'When I saw the result, I threw up. My body rejected it.'

Eamonn
(Login abbeystump)
BW Member

Re: predictions for songs on the Spanish &quot;Bowie Is&quot; exhibition 7 inch?

No score for this post
January 10 2017, 12:06 PM 

David Bowie Spanish Day in day out
https://youtu.be/RjKP78Bian4
"I Love The Smell Of Adelaide In The Evening"

Golly
(Login golly_75)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 10 2017, 12:07 PM 

Al Alba would be an obvious choice to include, but maybe as the B-side and something else as the A-side? Although it is not good, I guess it would be nice to see it finally get a physical release after being available legally as a digital download for 10 years. I'm presuming that the tracks we're seeing in these picture discs gives a glimpse of the sort of things we can expect to see from the vaults, so if this one has anything unusual on it then it might be good news.

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

Score 5.0 (1 person)
January 10 2017, 12:09 PM 

Aladdin Spain

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 10 2017, 12:10 PM 

Barcelonliest Guy

fandb
(Login fandb)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 10 2017, 12:54 PM 

Pancho comes to mind...

mikewest
(Login west406)
BW Member

Score 5.0 (1 person)
January 10 2017, 6:05 PM 

Day in Day Out ( Al Alba) possibly the worst Bowie song ever !

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

Re: predictions for songs on the Spanish &quot;Bowie Is&quot; exhibition 7 inch?

No score for this post
January 10 2017, 6:30 PM 

I have a feeling something from Lodger
"I feel I may be the subject of The Prettiest Star"

https://godisimaginary.com/

Tyler
(Login libertine90)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 11 2017, 4:46 AM 

I can totally see Al Alba b/w Time Will Crawl (MM Remix)

wok
(Login wokwokwok)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 11 2017, 5:11 AM 

1. "Space Oddity"
2. "The Man Who Sold the World"
3. "Changes"
4. "Ziggy Stardust"
5. "Young Americans" (U.S. single version)
6. "Fame"
7. ""Heroes"" (single version)
8. "Under Pressure" (with Queen)
9. "Ashes to Ashes" (single version)
10. "Let's Dance" (single version)
11. "China Girl" (single version)
12. "Modern Love" (single version)
13. "Blue Jean"
14. "This Is Not America" (with the Pat Metheny Group)
15. "Dancing in the Street" (with Mick Jagger of The Rolling Stones)
16. "Jump They Say" (radio edit)
17. "Hallo Spaceboy" (Pet Shop Boys remix; with the Pet Shop Boys)
18. "Little Wonder" (single version)
19. "Thursday's Child" (radio edit)
20. "Slow Burn" (radio edit)

that's the argentina/mexican release of best of bowie (slightly tangential but they normally go for the most obvious)...so al alba backed with something from there. i'm not up to date with vinyl...what did they do for the french release?

Loww
(Login leoloww)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 11 2017, 8:33 AM 

In Paris – where the single series started - A was Herós AA Heroes (live Vancouver 83)
In Melbourne A Let’s Dance AA Let’s Dance (live Vancouver 83)
In Groningen – Holland A Amsterdam AA My Death (live Carnegie Hall 72- also from Jacques Brel)
In Bologna A Ragazzo Solo Ragazza Sola AA London Bye Ta Ta (just something from the same period)
And in Tokyo (the first Picture Disc in the series) A Lady Stardust (special status in Japan – the only country where it was for example on NHC) AA Crystal Japan.
If an exhibition 7 inch will bereleased Al Alba is obvious but the AA side is a puzzle.
Maybe it is just Julie.

By the way Wok what has Argentina and Mexico has to do with Spain in this context ?

Loww
(Login leoloww)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 11 2017, 8:53 AM 

There was a special Picture Disc Promo 7 inch for Spain in 79
Boys Keep Swinging side 1 and side 2 Fantastic Voyage.
But both the original versions.

Sonofsilence
(Login ziggythecowboy)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 11 2017, 9:11 AM 

"By the way Wok what has Argentina and Mexico has to do with Spain in this context ? " I was thinking that myself.

wok
(Login wokwokwok)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 11 2017, 11:35 PM 

eh, well the context is they speak the same lingo...like lady stardust must have a special affinity with japanese folks 'coz they like singing it at karoke? when i went out to a tribute on the 8th i could already tell by the age-group of ppl that came over to my house what stuff they wanted to hear...the cover band played 'a small plot of land' which tickled me pink. outside, smoking a spliff a guy in his mid-50s said to me: "do you know any of this stuff they're playing?"

it's kinda lowest common denominator stuff

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website