<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

It was a year ago today . . .

January 10 2017 at 6:38 AM
No score for this post

Sparkina  (Login Sparkina)
BW Member
from IP address 98.249.143.209

that the musical universe got a little less sparkly and a little less enchanting.
You'll be missed, Mr. Bowie, but you will always be remembered

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Michael.
(Login Mist001)
BW Member

Re: It was a year ago today . . .

No score for this post
January 10 2017, 6:52 AM 

Here's how it went for me a year ago:

I was up to get Edin to school, so it was about 07.15 on this date last year, and I was aware of some kind of Bowie concert being planned in NYC. Now, I really don't like these things so I was giving it laldy and I complained to someone saying 'Why is it a tribute concert? Is he dead or something?' and I hit post.

Immediately after that, a post appeared on my feed saying Bowie had died!!

So, I went back to my original post and told them 'Erm, hang on, I've just been told that Bowie has died!!

Then the next post I got concerning this was saying that it's fake, so again, I went back to my first post and told them 'But hold on, it might be fake!'

Then the reports started to come in and the rest is history......

Mist.
'When I saw the result, I threw up. My body rejected it.'

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 10 2017, 7:14 AM 

Woke up, fell out of bed
Dragged a comb across my head
Found my way downstairs and drank a cup
And looking up, I noticed I was late

Found my coat and grabbed my hat
Made the bus in seconds flat
Found my way upstairs and had a smoke
And somebody spoke and I went into a dream

Anonymous
(Login MishaKerang)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 10 2017, 8:22 AM 

To echo the illustrious Mist's sentiment, "here's how it went for me a year ago":

Adding to what was already one of the most trying times of my life (won't bore you with it), I'd spent the prior day and evening with one of the worst sinus headaches I've ever had. No amount of meds would get it to abate, but the combination of too much sudafed and ibuprofen had me in a daze, and I finally passed out in bed with a hot washcloth over one side of my face. I woke up at 11:45 pm (I'm in California) with a now-cold, clammy washcloth on my face. Exhaustion now added to pain and daze, I picked up my tablet and browsed the news a bit. Nothing terribly interesting to read. I refreshed the page, and it must have been just as the news broke. "David Bowie dies at 69".

And I wasn't sad. I was closer to enraged. "What in the hell - no, he's just released an album. What are these morons reporting? I'm having some really weird fever dream or something. NOW, as CRAP as I feel, I have to GET UP (!) and VERIFY this headline is ... (wrong? my imagination? did i already know?)" Whatever. Hurled the damn blankets in a fury, got the frick up, and stumbled into my office to turn on the television. And of course. Stood there a while, flipping channels.

I spent a week in what I can only describe as confused annoyance before I finally managed to "break down and cryyyyy...."

I like to pretend my sinus headache suffering was a kind of cosmic empathy for what my hero was going through. "You're not alone... I'll help you with the pain" if only a little.

Miss you, David. Always and forever.

dazhoo
(Login dazhoo072)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 10 2017, 4:53 PM 

David Bowie remembered by two of his biggest fans – video | Music | The Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com/music/video/2017/jan/10/david-bowie-remembered-by-two-of-his-biggest-fans-video?CMP=share_btn_tw

Michael.
(Login Mist001)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 10 2017, 7:01 PM 

But wait! I thought Jonathan Ross was "about as big a Bowie fan as you'll fine on the planet" (His words, not mine)

Has he been replaced by Gary Kemp?

Mist.
'When I saw the result, I threw up. My body rejected it.'

Oh Lordy
(Login Oh_Lordy)
BW Member

Biggest fan?

No score for this post
January 10 2017, 8:08 PM 

Where have you been, it's Lady GaGa

Nemo
(Login whidbeyisland)
BW Member

Re: Biggest fan?

No score for this post
January 10 2017, 9:02 PM 

Lady Gaga is passé, the hot new star to the Bowie constellation is Rachel Evan Wood who plays a robot in HBO 'Westworld'
http://www.marieclaire.com/fashion/news/a24627/evan-rachel-wood-golden-globes/

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website