<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

K West Letter

January 10 2017 at 1:36 PM
Score 5.0 (1 person)
Ronnie Stooge  (Login ronniestooge)
BW Member
from IP address 86.26.0.166

[linked image]

This message has been edited by ronniestooge from IP address 86.26.0.166 on Jan 10, 2017 1:39 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Muzz
(Login muzz08)
BW Member

Re: K West Letter

No score for this post
January 10 2017, 2:03 PM 

Marvellous.

I'd have advised their clients fully as to their rights before writing this letter tbh, call me old fashioned.

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 10 2017, 6:34 PM 

Is it genuine.

I sense a hoax
"I feel I may be the subject of The Prettiest Star"

Michael.
(Login Mist001)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 10 2017, 7:02 PM 

I bet Kanye West is really shitting himself now! Lawyers letters and everything!

Mist.
'When I saw the result, I threw up. My body rejected it.'

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 10 2017, 7:05 PM 

It's in Any Day Now isn't it?

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 10 2017, 7:12 PM 

Nah, no way is that in ANY DAY NOW.

Fake

sonofsilence
(Login ziggythecowboy)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 10 2017, 8:08 PM 

I've always though maybe they used that as a backdrop because K. West is Quest. Bowie had his quest. happy.gif

wok
(Login wokwokwok)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 11 2017, 12:29 AM 

if fake it is nonetheless very well done. the solicitors address is for regent's street (the cover is taken near there).

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 11 2017, 7:30 AM 

I think it would be easy to create a letter like this. The grammar is poor, for example:'we await hearing from you' instead of 'we await your response'. Our clients have no wish to be associated with Mr Bowie and what you intend doing with regards to this record cover are bizarre things for an educated person to write. It's plainly obvious what the intention is with regards this cover. As for the association with Bowie, that's just rudeness. The sort of persons that purchase furs would probably certainly have links with the entertainment industry/pop music world. I say it's fake because it's silly, rude, badly written, contradictory etc etc

How can this be authenticated?

muzz
(Login muzz08)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 11 2017, 8:15 AM 

No one would go to the trouble of faking a letter like this. It's also mentioned on p254 of Any Day Now. That firm certainly existed and the writer of the letter is very much still in the business.

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 11 2017, 8:58 AM 

Is it just mentioned? No picture? I'm sure I saw a picture.

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 11 2017, 10:04 AM 

Even Kevin Cann could be duped.

RCA publicity stunt anyone?

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 11 2017, 10:32 AM 

It's from Object, so definitely real. Here's the entry:

"By the summer of '72 everyone was getting flustered by the Ziggy thing. Here we have a letter to RCA complaining about the cover of the album. Poor old Brian (Ward) had to pop over to K West and explain the deep meaning behind the picture and that David Bowie was quite a fashionable person (I seem to remember the Hunky Dory cover was part of his argument). My management at the time calmed the situation with a big fruit bowl (apples and pears, naturally).However, with his Japanese Spaceboy approved healthy lunches gone from the studio, little Trevor Bolder ballooned over the course of the next few months when he was forced to go back to daily steaks with Ronno and Woody."

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 11 2017, 11:04 AM 

Isn't Object a hoax?

Over to Mist

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 11 2017, 11:13 AM 

I agree. Lets see what Mist has to say.

Michael.
(Login Mist001)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 11 2017, 3:49 PM 

I've maintained right from the very start that the 'Object' details that were published at that website at the time were the genuine real deal. I will be proved right eventually, in fact I think that guy that has the 'Pushing Ahead Of The Dame' website confirmed it too. I've never seen this letter before, though.

I have to say I'm not totally convinced by Hangmans quote, though.

Mist.
'When I saw the result, I threw up. My body rejected it.'

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 11 2017, 12:08 PM 

I have to say that people fake things all the time.

Hitler diaries, moon landings are orgasms

Den
(Login nightflights)
BW Member

Pretty Sure.......

No score for this post
January 11 2017, 4:50 PM 

It is Genuine, Try reading it with a stiff upper lip the Grammar is not poor for the time. Law firms have never written to anybody, in language that they would usually understand.

Without Prejudice, of course!

Anonymous
(Login ronniestooge)
BW Member

Re: Pretty Sure.......

No score for this post
January 11 2017, 5:20 PM 

It came from the MainMan Vaults and has an RCA Records covering letter too.

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

Re: Pretty Sure.......

No score for this post
January 11 2017, 5:24 PM 

Let's see the covering letter.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website