<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Royal Mail Spec Ed

January 25 2017 at 12:03 PM
No score for this post

smilimgthruthedarkness  (Login smilingthruthedarkness)
BW Member

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Michael.
(Login Mist001)
BW Member

Re: Royal Mail Spec Ed

No score for this post
January 25 2017, 5:09 PM 

I got two presentation packs and two Edinburgh packs. I still have a couple of sets from a few years ago when they did the Ziggy ones. It didn't feel as much of a cash in than as it does now!

I also have a set of Pin Ups ones which aren't legal tender, but they're money in the bank anyway!

[linked image]

[linked image]

Mist.

'When I saw the result, I threw up. My body rejected it.'

AJ
(Login ajowen)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 25 2017, 6:47 PM 

The Art Fan Sheet. Is Young Americans omitted??????

Doctorocto
(Login doctoroctopussy)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 25 2017, 8:24 PM 

An Edinburgh pack???
----------------------------------------------

Michael.
(Login Mist001)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 25 2017, 9:46 PM 

Mais oui, Docteur!

http://shop.royalmail.com/david-bowie/david-bowie-edinburgh-first-day-cover-stamp-sheet/invt/20160269

Mist.
'When I saw the result, I threw up. My body rejected it.'

wok
(Login wokwokwok)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 26 2017, 5:23 AM 

if they're like the black penny and more valuable if they've been posted trev must be worth a fortune

Nick
(Login SoftVinyl)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 26 2017, 1:56 PM 

I think it is a great tribute...not a cash in.
'You start out wrinkled and you cry...you end up wrinkled and you die.'

Anonymous
(Login BenderRodriguez)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 26 2017, 2:42 PM 

They've actually correctly reproduced the "I don't know where I'm going..." quote too.

Weird that the multi album sheet omits Buddha and Young Americans, but leaves a space to put in a Starman lyric.

[linked image]

tintoy
(Login tintoy)
BW Member

I don't like

No score for this post
January 26 2017, 2:48 PM 

the LP peeking out at the side. Would have been better with just the album cover artwork in my humble . . .

Nuclearstar
(Login nuclear_star)
BW Member

Young Americans

No score for this post
January 26 2017, 7:28 PM 

The reason i reckon Young Americans was omitted is the cigarette.

Buddha? Still not a db album in the public's eyes?

Sound of the devil, breaking parole.

sonofsilence
(Login ziggythecowboy)
BW Member

Re: Young Americans

No score for this post
January 26 2017, 8:49 PM 

"The reason i reckon Young Americans was omitted is the cigarette. "

We wouldn't want to encourage impressionable ageing Bowie fans to start smoking.

wok
(Login wokwokwok)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 27 2017, 6:25 AM 

buddha is considered a soundtrack. if you look up the discography on wiki they don't count it as a studio album...indeed young americans could have been omitted for just that stupid reason

tintoy
(Login tintoy)
BW Member

No score for this post
January 27 2017, 11:18 AM 

I seem to remember that they airbrushed out the fag in Pollock's mouth on US stamps?

WE TRAIN YOUNG MEN TO DROP FIRE ON PEOPLE BUT THEY CANT WRITE FUCK ON THEIR JETS

Strange days indeed . . .

dazhoo
(Login dazhoo072)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 14 2017, 8:07 PM 

Arrived today and lovely they are

AJfw
(Login ajowen)
BW Member

Buddha

No score for this post
March 15 2017, 9:46 AM 

Don't know why it's left out so often as the music was re-arranged for the album so was not really a "soundtrack".

AJfw
(Login ajowen)
BW Member

Young Americans

No score for this post
March 15 2017, 9:50 AM 

The Fan Sheet is spoiled for me with the omission of this album. Deliberate because of the cigarette or a big bloomer?

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website