<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

neilio
(Login neilio2)
BW Member

Re: Excellent interview with Reeves Gabrels

No score for this post
February 24 2017, 5:55 PM 

I'd love to see expanded editions of the Tin Machine albums or even a box set. However, i just don't think demand is there. The whole "brand" of the band is still seen as a joke by the general public. I have tried in vain to convince friends to listen to the albums with an open mind. It just seems that Tin Machine is still seen as Bowie's mid life crisis/ artistic folly

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

tintoy
(Login tintoy)
BW Member

No score for this post
February 24 2017, 6:10 PM 

I would still like to see Oy Vey, Baby re-released. It's the only official release I dont have. Im not going to pay £30 for it now

birotheleggy
(Login biro_the_leggy)
BW Member

No score for this post
February 24 2017, 6:41 PM 

You know...

"Oy Vey Baby" the cd, is quite bad... however the "Oy Vey Baby" VHS tape - is excellent.

It boggles the mind why they chose to basically make a compilation of live songs, instead of just putting out one cohesive show. Plus, the cd doesn't include a single cover song... and that was part of the appeal of their live shows!

Richard
(Login ikonikon)
BW Member

demand is there ?

No score for this post
February 24 2017, 7:33 PM 

I recall an interview with DB where he stated that TM sold LOTS of records, even if they didn't chart high as 'best sellers' -- but rather because they sold consistently and over a long period of time.

Stranger
(Login Stranger-In-A-Strange-Land)
BW Member

"the cd doesn't include a single cover song..."

No score for this post
February 24 2017, 7:56 PM 

Indeed, the CD is bad, and the video is great, but on the CD, as as a treat, it does start with an outtake from Pin Ups that Bowie revived for Tin Machine shows, and in the credits he cheekily used the nom de plume "Ferry".

happy.gif

------------------
The next EMI Expanded Editions:
* What are your hopes for these releases?
* Let's have The Man Who Sold The World with the complete Paris Cinema Studios, Feb 5, 1970 radio concert, and the complete April 1970 radio session. Hunky Dory - add the complete Paris Cinema Studios concert, June 1971 in stereo, from the BBC Stereo Transcription LP if the master is lost!
* Any future live 1974 release MUST include a recording of Drive In Saturday from the early part of the tour, it's classic!
The next DVD release?
* Cracked Actor / Omnibus documentary must be released on DVD!

Recommended:
Tiffiny Townsend | She's Got Issues | The She Creatures |

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website