<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

TMWSTW , Cowboy cover

February 21 2017 at 8:57 PM
No score for this post
mikewest  (Login west406)
BW Member
from IP address 2.126.44.190

I've just acquired another Cowboy cover TMWSTW, this one is a perfect cover ( counterfeit ) but the vinyl sounds awful, even worse than my old counterfeit that I swapped for a great sounding original machine stamped vinyl.
I believe that the vinyl I swapped had the original cover, but this was really tatty and awful .
Has anyone got an original vinyl and cover ? I can't believe the counterfeit is so scratchy .

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
nick f
(Login nickfa)
BW Member

Re: TMWSTW , Cowboy cover

No score for this post
February 22 2017, 12:55 PM 

I always thought Nirvana's version was a bit of a cowboy cover.

Jon
(Login the_starman)
BW Member

No score for this post
February 22 2017, 1:02 PM 

I have nick. I think it suffers from the same fate that many US covers of the 60s and early 70s do - the thick card stock they were printed on wore terribly. You have to be lucky to find a copy that had been owned by someone who took really good care it.

Roman
(Login _Roman)
BW Member

No score for this post
February 26 2017, 5:32 PM 

One of my longtime Bowie-related mystries is: why would anyone select the Cartoon cover to counterfeit (and then to sell at $0.99 or $1.99 in delete bins)?If you're going to go through the trouble, why not pick Elton John`s Greatest Hits instead, for instance?

I paid $0.99 in the summer of 1977 or 1978 at a Woolworth's in smalltown Newport, VT. It was available in Montreal for $1.99 for years.

Does anyone have reliable info for when the counterfeit first came out & how it was sold?

mikewest
(Login west406)
BW Member

No score for this post
February 26 2017, 8:02 PM 

Just been on eBay and an original cover with stamped matrix went for £102 , I was going to go to £80 , still thought that was too much, crazy. Anyway details about this and other Bowie records is in a website called David Bowie , just another collection, just google and you should find it , good luck !
P.S just messaged the seller and I was the one who alerted him to the rareness of the record, he was selling for his dad. I wanted some pictures and I asked him if it was stamped or scratched matrix and it was stamped,so then everybody bloody one knew, I should have just bidded and hoped for the best , hey ho !

This message has been edited by west406 from IP address 2.126.44.190 on Feb 26, 2017 10:52 PM

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website