<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Advice

February 27 2017 at 1:49 AM
No score for this post
Noel.C.  (Login Noel.Ck)
BW Member

What's a reasonable price to pay for the Genesis Moonage daydream book,i saw some outrageous prices on ebay,$10,700 was the price one guy was looking for,lol.
I know that was greed after the event,but what would be a reasonable price today,any ideas?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Anonymous
(Login jackhalloween)
BW Member

Re: Advice

No score for this post
February 27 2017, 9:31 PM 

Last one I watched on ebay sold for £773.
Cheers,
Jack

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
February 27 2017, 11:33 PM 

They average £700-£1000
"I feel I may be the subject of The Prettiest Star"

https://godisimaginary.com/

Noel.C.
(Login Noel.Ck)
BW Member

Ok.

No score for this post
February 28 2017, 3:33 AM 

Thanks for the info Ena.

Noel.C.
(Login Noel.Ck)
BW Member

Interesting.

No score for this post
February 28 2017, 3:32 AM 

Thanks Jack.

wok
(Login wokwokwok)
BW Member

Re: Interesting.

No score for this post
March 1 2017, 2:55 PM 

buy five of them

Noel.C.
(Login Noel.Ck)
BW Member

Not buying.

No score for this post
March 2 2017, 1:54 AM 

I have 4 different expensive Bowie books,this particular one i also have the cheap version,and someone made me an offer for this one,i dont particularly want to sell it but i've been out of work for six months,so would be handy cash.

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

Re: Not buying.

No score for this post
March 2 2017, 6:52 PM 

I have a signed Paul Smith Any Day Now.

I' opened the box as it was a present but it's back in the black box black tissue with a thank you letter from Jenny Ross stating that Im one of 475 lucky people. It's in the white box with a pair of white cotton gloves. It's stayed there ever since. It's also the reason I've never bought these expensive editions. They'll simply remain in the box never to be seen again. I understand traders and collectors and each to their own, but it's not for me. Books should be read, pored over, fingered, spines cracked and USED.

I would get no enjoyment merely owning something.

Noel.C.
(Login Noel.Ck)
BW Member

I know what you mean.

No score for this post
March 3 2017, 4:32 AM 

I have a lot of books,the very expensive ones aren't pored over as the Pegg one's for instance,i agree with you,although i do get enjoyment merely owning something,it's the collector in me:)
I'll send you my address for the "Any day now",i never say no to an unwanted Bowie book.

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

@noel

No score for this post
March 3 2017, 9:58 AM 

It's not unwanted.

Books are nice to have around but there's only about four Bowie books worth having.

The Pitt Report
The Complete David Bowie
Any Day Now
BowieIs

Maybe the Taschen and Griffin, Sukita, too but I don't have those.

wok
(Login wokwokwok)
BW Member

Re: @noel

No score for this post
March 3 2017, 5:17 PM 

never read the pitt report

@noel c. sell now

Noel.C.
(Login Noel.Ck)
BW Member

Ok

No score for this post
March 4 2017, 1:37 AM 

Ok wok,you've convinced me to sell now,the book is yours,please send on the cash,and as i see you've not read the Pitt report you want that as well happy.gif

This message has been edited by Noel.Ck on Mar 4, 2017 1:39 AM

Michael.
(Login Mist001)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 3 2017, 7:27 PM 

Here are my books, I'm going to need bigger shelves!

[linked image]

Mist.
'When I saw the result, I threw up. My body rejected it.'

wok
(Login wokwokwok)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 3 2017, 7:54 PM 

i'm so glad i don't have ocd

Michael.
(Login Mist001)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 3 2017, 9:42 PM 

Check it out!!

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Mist.
'When I saw the result, I threw up. My body rejected it.'

Noel.C.
(Login Noel.Ck)
BW Member

Very nice

No score for this post
March 4 2017, 1:44 AM 

The Bowie treasures one Michael,i bought that twice on the same day as i rushed through a bookstore,it had two different titles and i only copped on later on happy.gif

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website