<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

rsd exclusives

March 9 2017 at 8:13 PM
No score for this post
Anonymous  (Login sylvianne)
BW Member

a couple of very exciting releases are due April 22nd it seems.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
mikewest
(Login west406)
BW Member

Re: rsd exclusives

No score for this post
March 9 2017, 10:41 PM 

What,! What ! What!

Anonymous
(Login sylvianne)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 9 2017, 11:46 PM 

no official statement as yet but word is out that one is a certain legendary concert from the 1974 tour, a transitional show if you will.

Nemo
(Login whidbeyisland)
BW Member

Offical

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 12:26 AM 

Michael.
(Login Mist001)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 12:42 AM 

This is an official release of the 'Strange Fascination' bootleg and what'll impress me the most is if they include the ten minute intro sequence, easily the most atmospheric intro that Bowie has ever used.

The other thing that comes to mind is that if they've pulled this together, then the video can't be all that far behind.

Mist.
'When I saw the result, I threw up. My body rejected it.'

birotheleggy
(Login biro_the_leggy)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 1:00 AM 

Are either of these exclusive to the US or UK????

I've missed out on more than one release because of that...

Anonymous
(Login yuri1204)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 1:08 AM 

I can not believe they will use the full 10 min. intro.
I hope Future Legend will be there too

Anonymous
(Login MGOSCH)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 1:33 AM 

I'm curious to know if All The Young Dudes was corrected.

Anonymous
(Login TimmySheen)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 2:57 AM 

A genuinely interesting release for once.

BSI
(Login bowieseveninch)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 3:31 AM 

And being limited, they will sell out in record time and then be on eBay within hours for hundreds of pounds.

RSD is the biggest load of crap going.

Anonymous
(Login NachoNacho)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 4:18 AM 

The show was shot by Alan Yentob's BBC crew, of course. The majority of the show was captured, but the rushes have disappeared from the BBC archive.

What I am wondering is if there will be CD or digital download release of this album. Does anyone know?

gabe
(Login gabe_)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 4:55 AM 

This is a lottery win for the Ebay dealers. This will be one of the more popular RSD releases.

Good luck everyone!

Anonymous
(Login sylvianne)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 8:05 AM 

rsd is a farce.

there's more money to be had here, I doubt they will leave it at this.
cd, download, another vinyl and a super deluxe set to follow. Probably will include the cracked actor documentary as well.

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 8:16 AM 

Are people queuing outside the local record stores at 2am to be in with a chance? You hear stories of owners reserving things for people etc etc.

Sure they'll be nice items to have but it's not like we haven't already got these.

I'd like to see genuinely unreleased songs.i
"I feel I may be the subject of The Prettiest Star"

https://godisimaginary.com/

CA
(Login CossacksAre)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 8:33 AM 

From a customer's standpoint, yeah, sure, but I can assure you independent record stores are glad to see people lining up around the block once a year. It's also the occasion for local artists to be pushed, get gigs, etc. RSD in Manchester feels like a big carnival and I can assure you it's not a bad thing that people seem to give a f**k about music, be it one day a year.

For many of us who only get to sell their records directly in local record stores because we don't have massive deals with massive labels, with huge distribution and promotion budgets, those stores are not something we want to see disappear for lack of sales.

(now, Independent Venue Week is something else...Free fest for not paying bands, mostly from the least struggling venues, with which you already have to wrangle, beg and haggle just to get them to cover the rehearsal/taxi fees the rest of the year)

This is very good news anyway, that gig really has a feel to it and it feels a lot less pointless than the recent reissues. Bowie's vocals are very strong, and their being out of tune at times only add to the atmosphere. It also makes sense - it was the last time Bowie had a prominent, mean-sounding killer of a saxophonist in his band, not unlike what's going on on Blackstar...

Anonymous
(Login sylvianne)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 9:20 AM 

Yeah understand all that.
but when it comes to such a collectable artist such as bowie and a release which is legendary status and previously unreleased such as this it's a goldmine for the touts and rip off merchants. sadly a lot of fans will be left empty handed. it's become a joke really.
a release such as this needs a much wider release too.

Besomdave
(Login besomdave)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 9:30 AM 

I agree

If like me you live miles from a city or town which has an 'Independant Record Store' and dont have / use a record deck the whole thing is a farse.

RSD is not for fans of the artist, its for vinyl purists, hipsters and ebay sharks.

Regular release on CD / Download as soon as you like Mr. Parlaphone!

This message has been edited by besomdave on Mar 10, 2017 9:37 AM

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 10:06 AM 

Great news.

However, I hope Visconti doesn't mix out the magic from it that we've got used to over the decades!

See Nassau '76

tintoy
(Login tintoy)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 10:40 AM 

"RSD is not for fans of the artist, its for vinyl purists, hipsters and ebay sharks."

V true in my opinion. It's profiteering in a big way, it's just marketing. A cinema in Edinburgh was charging £17.50 to see Ziggy Stardust: The Motion Picture earlier this week! It's a cash in bonanza . . .

I doubt Cds will get a look in sad.gif

Larranaga
(Login Larranaga)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 10:40 AM 

Given the cock-ups that've been made with most mixes of live Bowie stuff,
there's bound to be some gripes with a new Visconti mix of something
we've been used to hearing in a certain way for so long.
We'll see.
But - 'Side 6. David Bowie logo etching'...?!
Seriously?
Wow...

This message has been edited by Larranaga on Mar 10, 2017 10:43 AM

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website