<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Scott
(Login Nature_Boy)
BW Member

Re: rsd exclusives

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 11:53 AM 

So I've never been to a Record Store Day in my life, but I'm really keen on these two releases. What do I need to expect? Do you need to get there hours before to be in with a chance of getting a copy?
The Thin White Duke - David Bowie Tribute Band
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 1:17 PM 

Yes, and the local news ill do a piss taking interview with you about why you're up at 5am.

Anonymous
(Login goadb)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 1:26 PM 

what a pita!!!
More than 8000 km is the nearest store

Well, I hope it appears in CD AND not being mandatory to also get the vinyl =https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phonograph_cylinder

Anonymous
(Login BenderRodriguez)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 1:24 PM 

Nature Boy, bad timing with Head Music Bromley closing due to being displaced by HMV. They always got loads of load Bowie in, perhaps due to the location. There'd be queuing outside the entrance of the Glades about 2 hours before it opens.

Real shame about it closing as they'd always put on live music during RSD too. Something to keep you entertained while you queued, and there was always a fast track queue for people paying cash.

My work colleague said that in the South West he'd be able to buy whatever he wanted with no queueing at all on RSD as there just aren't so many vinyl enthusiasts down there as there are in London.

mikewest
(Login west406)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 11 2017, 11:21 AM 

Get up at 4am and queue at 5am with all the other idiots, spend loads of money , wait a day or 2 and it's on eBay for inflated prices , or wait a month and hey presto , same prices you would have paid on the day !

Michael.
(Login Mist001)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 1:46 PM 

I did Record Store Day once, never again. Waiting outside in the freezing cold for a couple of hours and you get into the store and I couldn't get the record I wanted. OK, eBay is sometimes a bit more expensive but not all the time but in my view, it's far better paying a bit extra since it saves all the RSD hassle.

Anyway, I can see this thing going for around the same price as the triple disc sets of lazarus and A Reality Tour in the future, so I don't see any need to panic over them.

Mist.
'When I saw the result, I threw up. My body rejected it.'

Jon
(Login the_starman)
BW Member

aint no pleasing

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 2:06 PM 

You are an ungrateful lot aren't you? You moan that the releases are all stuff you have, then they go and release two records of unreleased material (sure BOWPROMO is only marginally diff mixes, but unreleased nonetheless) and all you hear is complaints - 'I can't get it in the shithole town i live in', ' i wanted it to be something else', 'i don't care if i don't get one, didn't want one anyway, so there' boo hoo.

Jon

Anonymous
(Login BenderRodriguez)
BW Member

Re: aint no pleasing

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 2:29 PM 

I'm not grumbling, honest, guv'.

Just saying a decent record store close to Nature Boy is closing (which is a big shame). I'm gonna try and get the early mixes of some of the Hunky Dory tracks. Will have to search further afield, but I don't mind.

Not too bothered about the 74 show, but good luck to anyone here who tries to get it.

Anonymous
(Login Nature_Boy)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 2:41 PM 

Thanks mate, yes I was thinking Head would be done by then, so would probably be looking at going uptown for it, just wondering if it would likely be a futile trip or whether chances are good.
The Thin White Duke - David Bowie Tribute Band
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 3:12 PM 

What kind of prices for:

No Plan Ltd Blue
Cracked Actor
HD sampler/Gem promo

Guestimates?

"I feel I may be the subject of The Prettiest Star"

https://godisimaginary.com/

This message has been edited by betty_turpin from IP address 213.205.192.22 on Mar 10, 2017 3:47 PM

Nuclearstar
(Login nuclear_star)
BW Member

Guestimates?

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 4:11 PM 

Guestimates?

RSD,
£25
£60
£60.

RSD London
£30
£75
£70

Ebay
£40
£150
£90-100.

£20
£50
£40.

I'm Ooot...

Sound of the devil, breaking parole.

Doctorocto
(Login doctoroctopussy)
BW Member

Re: Guestimates?

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 6:55 PM 

Don't have a record player so... I'm out!
----------------------------------------------

muzz
(Login muzz08)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 9:19 PM 

If the footage is available, wouldn't it be great if the gig came out on cd and dvd in a nice not too spenny box after RSD? That vinyl lovers get an exclusive and then everyone else gets a nice little package.......

mikewest
(Login west406)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 9:33 PM 

Has anyone heard of Strange Fascination or Glass Ayslum for the 74 release or the Make Way for the Rock and Rollers for the Gem promo or is this completely different,?
Btw a shite cover for Cracked Actor .

This message has been edited by west406 from IP address 2.126.44.190 on Mar 10, 2017 9:34 PM

andy
(Login andyrushworth)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 9:36 PM 

If it comes out on cd at some stage I'll get it but I ain't queuing up happy.gif too fucking old for that shit !!!

mikewest
(Login west406)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 9:42 PM 

Nice one Andy , I feel the same, queue up and some bastard comes along and buys 2/3 of everything, greed , pure greed .
Anyway as someone said ( S2S Nassau) , anything mixed by Visconti from the achieve is normally shite , and side 6 is a logo etching ffs do me a favour, what about a liquid/oil filled vinyl for the next RSD in 2018 , pure B.S .

Anonymous
(Login sylvianne)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 10:09 PM 

same here doc

il get a nice cheap little cdr of this cracked actor until it comes out on cd or deluxe boxset.

Michael.
(Login Mist001)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 11 2017, 12:43 AM 

Well, here's what we're getting and this probably sounds better. This version has the 10 minute intro too.

https://youtu.be/sXv_TrioiBk

Mist.
'When I saw the result, I threw up. My body rejected it.'

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 11 2017, 8:37 AM 

A friend of mine was told this:

'I'll get a list of what I'll be getting in and amounts so if you call I'll tell you whether it's worth you coming along. Because of potential queues we are working with a local cafe for food drinks and toilet. As soon as the queue forms I will give out numbered tickets so you don't lose your place. I am only selling one copy of whatever pet person'.

Does that seem reasonable?
"I feel I may be the subject of The Prettiest Star"

https://godisimaginary.com/

Jon
(Login the_starman)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 11 2017, 9:47 AM 

@Mike

These are the same 'sources'. The BOWPROMO RSD release should be simply a better copy of 'make way for the rock rollers' as it will be taken from the original tapes (or a pristine needle-drop). It will be missing the Dana Gillespie tracks of course.

Cracked Actor has of course been remixed by 'magic' tony visconti so it'll sound different - whether it's better or not we'll see (or rather hear). The bootleg is a bit boomy and full in places so a sensitive remix could open it up where it needs it. The glitch in All the Young Dudes will be fixed i imagine which will be nice.

I am glad this show is getting a release (albeit via a marketing ploy in the first instance); it's a good listen I've always thought.

Jon

PS It goes without saying (though I am saying it) that these sorts of releases ought to have been included in the recent box set series, but we are - as we have been for as long as I have been a Bowie fan - in the hands of a commercial operation that seeks to extract as much financial value as it can from Bowie's output.

This message has been edited by the_starman from IP address 62.255.114.114 on Mar 11, 2017 9:50 AM

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website