<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Why TMWSTW and Hunky Dory deluxe editions-anniversary were delayed till now?

March 10 2017 at 1:44 PM
No score for this post
goadb  (Login goadb)
BW Member
from IP address 186.67.71.50

Why TMWSTW and Hunky Dory deluxe editions-anniversary were delayed till now?

There are DB, DB-SO, ZS, AS, DD, YA, STS, BTWN, TND...maybe I forgot others, even we have the 2 CD editions of Outside to Reality, upgrades of David Live and Stage.

Both albums are of the classic years, have sveral singles and oddities, demos, etc.

Any idea?

This message has been edited by goadb from IP address 186.67.71.50 on Mar 10, 2017 1:46 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

Re: Why TMWSTW and Hunky Dory deluxe editions-anniversary were delayed till now?

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 2:37 PM 

Apparently the boss hasn't turned up for work for a while.

mikewest
(Login west406)
BW Member

Re: Why TMWSTW and Hunky Dory deluxe editions-anniversary were delayed till now?

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 9:24 PM 

Am I missing something here, you say delayed, are you saying these are being released now?

Anonymous
(Login sylvianne)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 10 2017, 10:12 PM 

I think he's saying why havent these happened so far when all the others listed have.

birotheleggy
(Login biro_the_leggy)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 11 2017, 12:07 AM 

well, deluxe editions for "Hunky Dory" and "Low" were announced (check the "Strangers When We Meet" Target-Exclusive disc)

but then... nothing happened.

just like TV's 'remix' of "Lodger"

I wonder if the "new" remaster of Hunky Dory (as on the Five Years box set) was actually the same remaster as mentioned on SWWM

Sonofsilence
(Login ziggythecowboy)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 11 2017, 6:19 AM 

"just like TV's 'remix' of "Lodger" "

keep an eye out for the next box set in the series.

Stranger
(Login Stranger-In-A-Strange-Land)
BW Member

reissue, repackage....

No score for this post
March 11 2017, 8:41 AM 

"I wonder if the "new" remaster of Hunky Dory (as on the Five Years box set) was actually the same remaster as mentioned on SWWM"

wouldn't be the first time if there was a little disingenuousness, but bloody hell, don't encourage them to do even more remasters! happy.gif

I like the one(s) where they got it right (as both the UK and US/Canadian LP masters differed slightly) - the first time!

But I would welcome a bumper load of extra tracks from the Hunky Dory (and MWSTW) sessions, radio sessions and live recordings that exist. happy.gif
------------------
The next EMI Expanded Editions:
* What are your hopes for these releases?
* Let's have The Man Who Sold The World with the complete Paris Cinema Studios, Feb 5, 1970 radio concert, and the complete April 1970 radio session. Hunky Dory - add the complete Paris Cinema Studios concert, June 1971 in stereo, from the BBC Stereo Transcription LP if the master is lost!
* Any future live 1974 release MUST include a recording of Drive In Saturday from the early part of the tour, it's classic!
The next DVD release?
* Cracked Actor / Omnibus documentary must be released on DVD!

Recommended:
Tiffiny Townsend | She's Got Issues | The She Creatures |

This message has been edited by Stranger-In-A-Strange-Land from IP address 86.145.76.137 on Mar 11, 2017 12:58 PM

Alan Galaxy
(Login AlanGalaxy)
BW Member

Re: reissue, repackage....

No score for this post
March 11 2017, 8:15 PM 

I'm sure the material we all crave will appear at some point, my only worry is that I'll be dead by the time it does......and TV ain't getting any younger.

Anonymous
(Login goadb)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 13 2017, 12:41 PM 

Apologies for my english, maybe the right word is: postponed

There were two occasions: 2000 (TMWSTW) and 2001 (HD) because after that came in a row ZS, AS and DD
Then 2009 was the Anniversary edition of DB/SO, would have been another chance for both albums, more considering ZS and AS that followed again.

For TMWSTW there seems to be an issue with demo-outtakes-whatever tracks sang by other people.
HD is even more strange, considering LOM? has been pushed by the powers that be as THE song, since Swedish TV program 'Musikmagasinet', then varios mixes all around.

Just wondering anyone has any hypothesis about both albums expanded-deluxe-special editions been postponed twice?
(I have none :lol: )

Larranaga
(Login Larranaga)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 13 2017, 1:36 PM 

Is it true that a Hunky Dory remaster/expanded edition was prepared a few years back, but rejected after it was complete?
Presumably, it was Bowie himself who nixed it?

This message has been edited by Larranaga from IP address 62.30.198.205 on Mar 13, 2017 1:43 PM

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 13 2017, 3:02 PM 

Now the BowPromo disc is coming out it must only be a matter of time before we get Hunky Dory deluxe. Those tracks which are different, the Ryko demo of Quicksand and alternate BB mix - plus the Ryko mix of Bombers, mono single versions and the 2 contemporary BBC sessions. Oh go on, the LOM Legacy mix. Lovely stuff.

Anonymous
(Login NorseSwagger)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 13 2017, 4:48 PM 

It really won't take long for the Five Years boxset to become obsolete, won't it?

I wouldn't be shocked if 50 year anniversary editions of all of his albums have already been penned out, and it's only a matter of time.

Sonofsilence
(Login ziggythecowboy)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 13 2017, 7:29 PM 

"I wouldn't be shocked if 50 year anniversary editions of all of his albums have already been penned out, and it's only a matter of time."

depending if they start with the debut or Space Oddity, it could happen soon.

Stranger
(Login Stranger-In-A-Strange-Land)
BW Member

That'll be the debut

No score for this post
March 13 2017, 8:18 PM 

there was an advert with When I Live My Dream recently. Vinyl is becoming the rage again.

So a 50th anniversary edition of the debut album this year...stranger things have happened...
------------------
The next EMI Expanded Editions:
* What are your hopes for these releases?
* Let's have The Man Who Sold The World with the complete Paris Cinema Studios, Feb 5, 1970 radio concert, and the complete April 1970 radio session. Hunky Dory - add the complete Paris Cinema Studios concert, June 1971 in stereo, from the BBC Stereo Transcription LP if the master is lost!
* Any future live 1974 release MUST include a recording of Drive In Saturday from the early part of the tour, it's classic!
The next DVD release?
* Cracked Actor / Omnibus documentary must be released on DVD!

Recommended:
Tiffiny Townsend | She's Got Issues | The She Creatures |

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

Re: That'll be the debut

No score for this post
March 14 2017, 12:17 PM 

I'm not sure how they could top the last one. I guess including the outtakes like Pussycat etc is a long shot.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website