<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

The HD Project. Dennis Davis

March 12 2017 at 3:23 PM
No score for this post

(Login cruelgarden)
BW Member

The young son of Dennis Davis is doing a Youtube Project interviewing people who knew his Father. Its well worth watching as he interviews Carlos Alomar and Sterling Campbell etc. Worth supporting and you learn quite a bit about his time with Bowie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60gWGgP90K0&lc=z13wwxry4sfiv1frl04ccdir1vexivvqu0k.1489269594973224

Jx

"You know who I am he said"

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

Re: The HD Project. Dennis Davis

No score for this post
March 12 2017, 4:28 PM 

That's fantastic.

Nacho
(Login NachoNacho)
BW Member

Hikaru Davis - plrease show some love

No score for this post
March 12 2017, 4:37 PM 

Great J, I'm glad someone else is on this too.

I've been helping Hikaru, schooling him on Bowie history and video technical stuff.

It looks very likely that he will be interviewing Tony Visconti next week, and we are hoping to get some good material from that, and a lot of attention for the project with the subsequent video.

Hikaru really wants more followers on his social media. Please go along a give him some support.

Please find find him online as The HD Projects:

www.facebook.com/thehdprojects
www.youtube.com/channel/UCY2aDqSy2_g6hysuYU7uOPw

On Friday, I uploaded a new video, and dedicated it to him:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v5hBZLYsg0

J
(Login cruelgarden)
BW Member

Re: Hikaru Davis - plrease show some love

No score for this post
March 12 2017, 5:32 PM 

Hey Nacho,
The Facebook page is great. Some great comments and rare pics. Looking forward to seeing how this builds. He requested Photo's etc and I will see If I have any of his Dad (Dennis) to up-load for him.

Jx

"Deep in your room, you never leave your room"

Anonymous
(Login NachoNacho)
BW Member

Re: Hikaru Davis - plrease show some love

No score for this post
March 13 2017, 6:55 AM 

He would love to see any pics you might have. He is grateful for everything he gets about his Dad, even comments and likes.
I think he will uncover some previously hidden gems for us. For instance, his Mum knows George Murray, D.A.M. Trio bassist, thinks there is the possibility of an interview with him. George basically disappeared in 1980 right? It would be great to hear from him about those times in the band.

Anonymous
(Login ormenlange)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 13 2017, 8:11 PM 

Thank you for this. It was both very informative and quite a bit touching to watch Hikaru's videos. The fact that he is just 10 years old brings out a different side of his interview subjects.

The years DB played with Davis, Alomar and Murray were his most innovative and groundbreaking as far as I'm concerned. A lot has been said on Eno's and Visconti's contributions to this period, but imho it's largely the r&b-influenced rythm section which still makes this music sound fresh and alive even 40 years later.

Anonymous
(Login NachoNacho)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 13 2017, 10:41 PM 

Totally agree.

J
(Login cruelgarden)
BW Member

George Murray

No score for this post
March 14 2017, 4:29 PM 

I dont think George Murray has ever been interviewed!!! I was under the impression he never gave interviews so that would be a scoop.I , for one, have never heard him speak.

Jx

"never mind, say something"

Anonymous
(Login NachoNacho)
BW Member

Re: George Murray

No score for this post
March 15 2017, 7:26 AM 

Me too, and I know almost nothing about GM. It would be great to hear from him.

Since featuring HD Projects and the Carlos interview on my page, Hikaru's subscriptions and views have increased more than x 5. The wee boy is so happy about it happy.gif In a month it will be the first anniversary of Dennis' death. I think that this celebration of his fathers artistry and the attention and connection he's getting from people will really help mitigate against the heartbreak he must feel.

richard
(Login ikonikon)
BW Member

the Carlos interview

No score for this post
March 15 2017, 2:02 PM 

What/where is that ?

Also on the HD page ?

Anonymous
(Login ormenlange)
BW Member

Re: the Carlos interview

No score for this post
March 15 2017, 6:04 PM 

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website