<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Record Store Day 2017 Bowie Records.

March 31 2017 at 3:39 AM
No score for this post
Bowie Fan  (Login allthingsbowie)
BW Member

Was hoping to get a feel for what people are thinking about the new releases.

Thanks

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

Re: Record Store Day 2017 Bowie Records.

No score for this post
March 31 2017, 7:47 AM 

Why not reply to your original thread with the same name which is still on the upper half of the front page rather than spam up the gaff? x

Doctorocto
(Login doctoroctopussy)
BW Member

No score for this post
March 31 2017, 2:54 PM 

Don't buy vinyl so it was meaningless to me.
----------------------------------------------

Richard
(Login ikonikon)
BW Member

vinyl

No score for this post
March 31 2017, 4:21 PM 

Just find the idea that these releases /new mixes are only availalble on these vinyls annoying as f*, and offensive.

They wouldn't loose any sales if they made them available as high quality download.

mikewest
(Login west406)
BW Member

Re: vinyl

No score for this post
March 31 2017, 10:42 PM 

Richard , this is annoying and just think if they did obviously sell these on CD/download ,
the sales would go up by at least double, even the Vinyl junkies might relent and buy a CD instead, a missed opportunity as far as I'm concerned, but then I suppose it wouldn't be RECORD STORE DAY .

gabe
(Login gabe_)
BW Member

Re: vinyl

No score for this post
April 1 2017, 1:17 AM 

RSD is just a major label cash grab. Yet the sheep will wait for hours in line for a "limited edition record" that cost five times what it should.

Nemo
(Login whidbeyisland)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 1 2017, 1:48 AM 

I find it frustrating. About 1988 I switched over to CDs. And I'm not going back to that storage hassle of vinyl.
Frustrating for me because on occasion they release stuff unavailable in other formats.
Case in point in 2015 there was a release for RCD Black Friday, "Like a Puppet Show" a reading of Plato's cave allegory by John Malekovich with background music provided by various artists.
There was a few SoundCloud tracks to sample.
Mesmerizing and weird!
Wish I could get the whole mix.
http://pitchfork.com/news/61254-john-malkovich-enlists-yoko-ono-sean-lennon-ric-ocasek-omd-placebo-dandy-warhols-more-for-record-store-day-release/
Boo!
🙁🙁🙁

Richard
(Login ikonikon)
BW Member

I find it frustrating

No score for this post
April 1 2017, 1:25 PM 

It's just plain un-imaginative marketing. The initial reason why the record cies got in trouble to begin with and why 'alledgedly, RCD was created to supposedly help solve.

One day a year, doesn't equal a business model for stores that pay rent monthly.

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

Re: I find it frustrating

No score for this post
April 1 2017, 1:50 PM 

It was to encourage people to use their local indie to buy stuff rather than HMV or Amazon etc. I'd say it's worked pretty well given the rise of vinyl over the last 10 years.

But yes, when stuff like this is wasted on an increasingly secular market aimed at eBayers, I can't say I'm looking forward to it.

Shall we take bets how much has been cut - like the Santa Monica official release that cut dialogue. I hope Visconti didn't have a yes man assisting, rather someone who has actually been listening to this show for decades and knows it inside out.

mikewest
(Login west406)
BW Member

Re: I find it frustrating

No score for this post
April 19 2017, 9:34 PM 

Who will be in the queue for RSD . I'm not sure about this one. The Gem one sided demo you can get as All you rock n rollers with the Dana Gillespie stuff and Cracked Actor I have as Strange Fascination, or do I get 2 copies like every other e-bastard and sell them for £150 like all the other twats in that site, btw what are the prices on these items anyway ?

33RPM
(Login Highway101)
BW Member

Confessions of a vinyl slut

No score for this post
April 19 2017, 10:19 PM 

Depends where you live really UK/EU faces tough competition for RSD db vinyl, Fargo North Dakota and round here not so much.
I'm thinking the No Plan Translucent Blue may be the exception though (if a 1000 only is correct?).
Otherwise the very very early auctions on eBay are not that bad but then it immediately goes crazy after that, and in a year or less they stop shifting on eBay (3000 to 5000 runs).Year three and beyond they tend to make a comeback. That's my observation... Support your local vinyl shop and happy RSD.

Isolar76
(Login Isolar76)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 20 2017, 1:04 PM 

I'm not looking forward to this years RSD, as their are multiple David Bowie releases, plus this year there are also releases by Prince, The Beatles and T.Rex I want. So it's going to be extortionately expensive, because most of the items will end up on eBay.

I was listening to Robert Elms's BBC Radio London show yesterday, and he had the owner of the shop 'Sister Ray' on his programme (who is on the RSD committee). He told Robert Elms that he goes around with a clipboard at 6am and asks the people in the queue what vinyls they want, and tells them if they have them in stock, and if they do he lets them know they will be able to buy it etc. Then the shop opens at 8am and people buy the vinyls that I guess have been reserved from 6am for them.

The issue is, I feel some music stores keep some vinyls back and sell them for 2 or 3 times the amount on eBay. Some music stores most likely reserve vinyls for very regular costumers etc.

Many of us are left with no option but to be ripped off on eBay if we want the exclusive RSD Vinyls.

Larranaga
(Login Larranaga)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 20 2017, 2:13 PM 

Thank you, but no (as somebody once said).
'It's a scam, it's a fucking rip off!' - exactly, Michael.
As always, people are free to lube up, bend over and wait in line,
but RSD makes me really glad I don't have the collector gene!

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 20 2017, 2:52 PM 

I think the Prince is withdrawn.

6music are advertising it like mad.

The BBC is one big product pusher these days
"I feel I may be the subject of The Prettiest Star"

https://godisimaginary.com/

Isolar76
(Login Isolar76)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 20 2017, 5:49 PM 

I wish I never had the collector gene, but it's given me a great collection.

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No Plan EP

No score for this post
April 21 2017, 7:34 AM 

A Berlin trader is offering a No Plan maxi-EP in 180g coloured vinyl with one side etched and free download.

It's on EBay at £12.09 plus £2.40 delivery.

Anonymous
(Login MGOSCH)
BW Member

Re: No Plan EP

No score for this post
April 21 2017, 5:14 PM 

I would like to know if All The Young Dudes is the David Live version or a corrected version?

Anonymous
(Login sylvianne)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 21 2017, 8:41 PM 

I couldn't give a damn about rsd. I certainly won't be shelling out or queueing up in the early hours.
just wait for the inevitable cd release and probably another vinyl release on coloured vinyl, red would be my guess.
i'l get a bootleg copy of it in the meantime.

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 22 2017, 4:59 AM 

In Syria they queue for food. In the UK they queue for vinyl.

First world problems eh!

Jan
(Login FTcollector)
BW Member

YouTube unboxing Cracked Actor and Bowpromo Superdeluxeedition

Score 5.0 (1 person)
April 21 2017, 11:14 PM 

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website