<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

Re: YouTube unboxing Cracked Actor and Bowpromo Superdeluxeedition

No score for this post
April 22 2017, 8:57 AM 

My God! It's like a record!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

Prices

No score for this post
April 22 2017, 9:55 AM 

What were the participating stores selling the Bowie items for?
"I feel I may be the subject of The Prettiest Star"

https://godisimaginary.com/

mikewest
(Login west406)
BW Member

Re: Prices

No score for this post
April 22 2017, 12:44 PM 

I would like to know as well the RRP of the Bowie items , the link doesn't mean anything ( unless I am missing something) .
Btw as I have the builder in today , I could not do RSD , so at 10.30 was outside a few stores and obviously missed all the Bowie stuff, and you know what I really didn't care, all I saw were middle aged bearded idiots ( and they were the women)with plastic bags, what a load of sheep! Baa....

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 22 2017, 2:00 PM 

Prices I found

Placebo ft Bowie £18
Cracked Actor. £35
Bowpromo £54
No Plan £20

eBay just sold a CA for £70

Bowpromo on for £70s to £150
Placebo. on for. £60 to £90 plus
No Plan. Blue cheaper than black (unless I'm misreading it)
Cracked Actor £70-£100.

ps what link? (The link in my signature is nothing to do with pricing)

mikewest
(Login west406)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 22 2017, 7:34 PM 

Thanks for filling me in Ena , how can they justify the Bowie promo , one side and a load on photos for £54 , at least Cracked Actor is a triple Lp albeit one side with an etching ffs .
It really is all B.S now RSD , money masking for ebastards , I just hope they catch a cold .

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 22 2017, 8:14 PM 

The Bowpromo sounds like the regular album mostly, more reverb on piano, more laughs when he's saying "holes" and of course Bombers.

I think they were all white labels originally and the green GEM label added later for certain clients.

Yeah £54 is steep but it's a nice item.

All these releases will probably come out anyway at some point. These are just the advance promos in a way.

Anonymous
(Login NorseSwagger)
BW Member

Re: Record Store Day 2017 Bowie Records.

No score for this post
April 22 2017, 9:46 PM 

I missed out on getting Cracked Actor, but I grabbed a BOWPROMO which had a $56 price tag; honestly most of the value just comes in it being an exclusive release, the prints are nothing to get excited about and one LP side of music that doesn't even include a download card isn't that spectacular

SW6
(Login Highway101)
BW Member

Vinyl Slut

Score 5.0 (1 person)
April 22 2017, 11:42 PM 

A ridiculous number of copies have been pressed and distributed by the greedy corporation
(who also usually do a poor curating job on the releases and do so consistently #sad wink.gif

The punters will be flogging these on eBay trying to break even in the not too distant future.
So hold onto to your dosh chaps, and don't be fooled by the paid "influencers".

Most of the independent record stores are quite honest, the dodgy
ones are usually found out and de-listed btw. It's a shame to see people painting the lot with such
a wide brush #reallysad

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

Re: Vinyl Slut

Score 5.0 (1 person)
April 23 2017, 11:12 AM 

I agree.

Wait a week or so and most you'll pay over us postage.

thewildeyedboyfromfreecloud
(Login thewildeyedboyfromfreecloud)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 23 2017, 11:16 PM 

I don't really get all the negativity here surrounding RSD and these new Bowie releases.
I got into Central London just before 10am and queued up at Sounds of The Universe. In a little over half an hour I had four out of the five releases I was after (could not find the Gilbert O'Sullivan record an any shops list). Two of the four records I bought were Bowie, "Cracked Actor" and "Bowpromo". I'm not a huge fan of live albums but this concert was new to me and so I wanted to add it to my collection. I listened to side 1 and wasn't impressed at all. Lord knows when the other 4 sides will get played. "Bowpromo" is a totally different matter though. I know it's been bootlegged but this replica sounds superb and it will be the closest I ever get to owning an original one. The box was expensive at £49.99 but its a beautiful package and I've played it five times already. A lovely addition to my Bowie collection and one I am amazed hasn't been applauded by finally getting an official release. I just wish the Dana Gillespie side had been included...

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 24 2017, 6:38 AM 

You wouldn't get it because you didn't miss out due to eBay traders queuing at small shops with limited copies, those copies then are offered at £150.

£49.99 is below the rrp of £55

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 24 2017, 7:21 AM 

Wait - so how hadn't WEBFF heard the LA show before?

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 26 2017, 7:44 AM 

The only RSD release I ever got was the Kingdom Come 7" - I picked up about 10 copies for a quid each. My retirement fund.

Oh.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website