<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Cracked Actor EBay prices

April 23 2017 at 11:36 AM
Score 5.0 (1 person)
Ena  (Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

Saturday £89

Today £53

It'll be £40 in the week and break even by next week so be patient.

I've offered £35 inc postage on around fifty and all were declined so I said get back to me when your greed backfires and I might offer you £30.
"I feel I may be the subject of The Prettiest Star"

https://godisimaginary.com/

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

Re: Cracked Actor EBay prices

Score 5.0 (1 person)
April 23 2017, 11:55 AM 

A couple of traders emailed me stating that all profits 'go to charity'.

So they queue up then sell for a massive profit for charity? Why not just give the record to a charity shop? Or just give money to a charity? I think the profiteers know they are hated in some quarters and that 'real' fans and collectors are being abused. I suppose it's capitalism eh!

Anonymous
(Login This_Furious_Man)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 23 2017, 5:04 PM 

I feel a bit of a mug for paying over the odds for this (£65), but I think that the excitement of a new, official
live recording got to me.....

Thing is, we don't even know whether its any cop yet - I'm amazed that we haven't had any comments posted yet on the
quality of the recording and Visconti's mix ☹️

Cheers,
TFM

Nemo
(Login whidbeyisland)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 23 2017, 5:47 PM 

So TFM
You gonna give us the breakdown
Or is it staying sealed?
https://youtu.be/Ty2t0u12ORs

Anonymous
(Login This_Furious_Man)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 23 2017, 6:06 PM 

Defintely bought this to play, rather than collect Nemo, but it looks as though Nickfa has kindly provided everything that we
need to know - there's no higher praise than a David Live beater - good enough for me 😎.

Thanks for the response nickfa.

Cheers,
TFM

This message has been edited by This_Furious_Man on Apr 23, 2017 6:07 PM

Anonymous
(Login This_Furious_Man)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 26 2017, 9:32 PM 

Took receipt of CA today, and I've got to say that its an absolute cracker. Bowie's vocals are crystal clear and seem to be right at the front of the mix. The muddy, bassy echo of the bootlegs has now gone, replaced by a very clean, detailed stereo sound, where all of the nuances of the band and backing singers can be easily picked-up. Atmosphere is good, not a Nassau 76 obviously, but not as muted as Stage. Amazed at how funky the band are - it all pops a long at pace, with great bass rhythm and drums. As a result it can become a little 'organic' at times, especially during John I'm Only Dancing. That said, Bowie's very natural live performance is captured perfectly, and this feels like a very joyful, good natured performance. It certainly doesn't have the 'seriousness' of David Live, but is none the worse for that. I can well imagine that I'll play this to death and enjoy it for many years to come. If Blackstar was gift from Bowie, then this is a gift from Visconti - big thanks to TV for making this happen, lets hope there's more to come...

Cheers,
TFM

nickfa
(Login nickfa)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 23 2017, 5:51 PM 

well apart from a few minor niggles intro being cut and speech at beginning of dudes cut but song complete, I feel it is an awesome release the sound is superb, to me it is on par if not better than David Live, I personally can't see to many, if any fan being disappointed. maybe the the artwork is not as good as it could have been but for me it's a 10 out of 10 release. looking forward to the deluxe editions and cd release and maybe the 5.1 audio dvd.

Michael.
(Login Mist001)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 23 2017, 6:04 PM 

I haven't heard it but someone says that it plays a little 'fast'. Is that right?

Mist.
'When I saw the result, I threw up. My body rejected it.'

nickfa
(Login nickfa)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 23 2017, 6:12 PM 

The bootleg might play slow Mist, it sounded fine to me maybe that persons deck was running a bit fast.

TFM
(Login This_Furious_Man)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 23 2017, 6:22 PM 

I was listening to the Duke of LA yesterday on an old Pioneer system, and the recording sounded really bassy.
Hopefully the official release will crisp up some of the bottom-end and remove the rumble.....

TFM

nickfa
(Login nickfa)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 23 2017, 6:30 PM 

TFM Cracked actor is a lot clearer and less muddy than the bootleg, it is full stereo and the backing vocals clear and crisp which really adds to some of the tracks giving them a really soulful sound for me the last disc with jean genie ,rock n roll suicide and John i'm only dancing again is a real killer side and a great climax to this concert, to me JIODA is probably better than the studio take. As great as the bootleg is this official version adds life to it.

TFM
(Login This_Furious_Man)
BW Member

Score 5.0 (1 person)
April 23 2017, 6:43 PM 

Sounds fantastic - many thanks for clarifying nickfa, I'm very excited now!!!

Cheers,
TFM

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 23 2017, 6:50 PM 

Down to £51 now

Be patient they'll be lower tomorrow

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 23 2017, 7:00 PM 

I'm going stick my neck out here and say they missed a trick. Great that this has finally been released, but some terrible decisions in the packaging (the same issue as the original David Live - why use those pictures? Why is there so much blank / wasted space?) and the totally pointless uneven editing - FIVE SIDES??? I'm guessing judging on recent releases that the label has their junior team involved.

Anonymous
(Login This_Furious_Man)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 23 2017, 7:26 PM 

Yep, the prices are definitely in descent.....

I've just snaffled the Bowie Promo box for £58 off flea-bay 😊 which is only £3 above retail price.
Blue vinyl No Plan can be had for £25 now too, so £7 above retail price.

Not so bad - I'll pay a tenner extra for those two in exchange for duvet day that I had on Saturday....

That said, I've still dropped the ball on Cracked Actor 😡

TFM

Michael.
(Login Mist001)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 23 2017, 9:04 PM 

I have a series of alerts set up with eBay to notify me if things I'm interested in come up for sale. One of my alerts is 'David Bowie Box Sets' and I set them up a couple of years ago, long before the Bowpromo box set was even thought of.

I've just deleted 84, yes, EIGHTY FOUR alerts for David Bowie box set and every one of them was for yesterdays Bowpromo!

Really looking forward to tomorrows alerts now!

Mist.
'When I saw the result, I threw up. My body rejected it.'

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 24 2017, 7:31 AM 

Cracked Actor remaining copies

Order here:

http://www.crashrecords.co.uk/product/david-bowie-cracked-actor-vinyl-3-lp-very-limited-rsd2017/

John S
(Login UrchinOne)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 24 2017, 4:51 PM 

I paid £65. I thought about waiting but couldn't stop myself. I've been playing this album (in its bootleg form) for years and have always loved it. I'm really excited to hear it as a professional release and compare it to David Live (another big favourite). This needs a much wider audience though. It should be released on CD along with the Cracked Actor DVD.
UrchinOne
White and Dressed to Kill.

Anonymous
(Login iggyziggy3)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 24 2017, 5:00 PM 

I got my copy no problem ... snag is that I don't have a turntable. I would much appreciate it if anyone that has the tech to digitize it would put up the files somewhere.
[linked image]

Nick
(Login SoftVinyl)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 25 2017, 2:42 PM 

Iggy, has anyone responded to your request? I am in the same boat and wanna hear it.
'You start out wrinkled and you cry...you end up wrinkled and you die.'

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website