<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Scott
(Login Nature_Boy)
BW Member

Re: Cracked Actor EBay prices

Score 5.0 (1 person)
April 25 2017, 3:44 PM 

I'm hoping to digitise my copy this week as my turntable has USB and all that.
The Thin White Duke - David Bowie Tribute Band
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

wok
(Login wokwokwok)
BW Member

Re: Cracked Actor EBay prices

No score for this post
April 25 2017, 11:22 PM 

@ mist u should check out check out cracked actor

Den
(Login nightflights)
BW Member

How Much?

No score for this post
April 25 2017, 3:10 PM 

some see you next Tuesday has it up for £255.00 as of 10 minutes ago!

Jon
(Login the_starman)
BW Member

Credit where it's due

No score for this post
April 25 2017, 5:52 PM 

Actually, you have to say that Parlophone (or Bowie's people or both) have handled this RSD very well - plenty of copies for all that want them with a little bit of a 'chase' involved - and both releases previously unreleased.

Jon

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

Re: Credit where it's due

No score for this post
April 25 2017, 10:36 PM 

There's a few in the £40-£50 range.

Hang out till the weekend and call your local record store. There's still stick to be sent out.
"I feel I may be the subject of The Prettiest Star"

https://godisimaginary.com/

EfWe
(Login EfWe)
BW Member

Lossless Flac

No score for this post
April 26 2017, 5:55 AM 

Jon
(Login the_starman)
BW Member

Re: Lossless Flac

No score for this post
April 26 2017, 7:22 AM 

steal it? Really?

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

Re: Lossless Flac

No score for this post
April 26 2017, 7:32 AM 

My gully!

EfWe
(Login EfWe)
BW Member

Just borrow

No score for this post
April 26 2017, 8:15 AM 

You just borrow it. If there might be an official release, you buy it for real. wink.gif

EfWe

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

Re: Just borrow

No score for this post
April 26 2017, 8:46 AM 

Much like Nassau, I'm not in any rush to get this. Sure I've listened to it to hear what they've done to it after owning many versions of it for years - but unlike Santa Monica'72 which I was happy to buy because I prefer that era I find this a little messy. As said elsewhere, 5 sides seems clumsy as do the artwork and use of space. Could've been faultless and a no brainer but (and I do think it will be available on CD as a general release probably with the intro intact as another bonus) it's been cheapened as a RSD release - something that I do not support and loath the competition it inspires.

BowPromo? Not fussed. Again, should appear as a second disc for a HD reissue along with other demos and stuff so until then, and in it's proper context, would make a great addition to the catalogue.

mikewest
(Login west406)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 26 2017, 12:16 PM 

I'm surprised that they didn't pressing record over 6 sides without the stupid etching in side 6, Bureau Supply have got it spot on, they let the grooves breathe!

Anonymous
(Login sylvianne)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 26 2017, 1:49 PM 

it will feel and flow better on cd.
having to keep flipping the vinyl at the wrong moments would spoil it for me.
I've read that judging by the long applause between 2 of the tracks I think before its gonna be me it seems cracked actor has been mastered for digital release in mind.
the fades don't seem right on the vinyl apparently.

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 27 2017, 7:20 AM 

Surely it's about how it sounds not about the inconvenience of turning over a vinyl.

Lazy!
"I feel I may be the subject of The Prettiest Star"

https://godisimaginary.com/

Anonymous
(Login sylvianne)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 27 2017, 9:21 AM 

of course ena, sound is always priority. but I'm also saying I think I'l enjoy the experience of hearing it much more on cd.
those vinyl fades would irritate me, maybe as I'm used to hearing the bootlegs on cd, it's more uninterrupted.

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 27 2017, 9:26 AM 

Especially 4 times. 3 times, fine. 5 times, fine.

4 times is unnatural.

Jon
(Login the_starman)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 30 2017, 8:58 AM 

If anyone is interested both the Bowie rsd releases are available online at the original prices - be quick!

http://reflexrecordshop.com/catalogue?search_page=&htag=RSD+2017&srch-term=bowie

mikewest
(Login west406)
BW Member

No score for this post
April 30 2017, 10:40 AM 

They have both gone already, bought my C.A on Saturday afternoon for a reasonable £47.00 inc postage on Discogs.

This message has been edited by west406 on Apr 30, 2017 10:41 AM

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website