<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
dazhoo
(Login dazhoo072)
BW Member

Re: Box set 3

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 6:27 PM 

Art Decade 77-87 that would be a real box set

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

Tyler
(Login libertine90)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 6:53 PM 

And I guess this would be Re:Call 3? Did I miss anything?

1. Breaking Glass (Australian extended edit)
2. "Heroes" (single edit)
3. Helden (German single version)
3. HerĂ³s (French single version)
4. Beauty and the Beast (extended edit)
5. Soul Love (live single edit)
6. DJ (single edit)
7. Yassassin (Dutch single edit)
8. Alabama Song
9. Space Oddity (1979 version)
10. Crystal Japan
11. Ashes to Ashes (single version)
12. Fashion (single version)
13. Scary Monsters (single version)
14. Under Pressure (w/ Queen)

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 7:30 PM 

Jeez!!!

Who's gonna buy that?
"I feel I may be the subject of The Prettiest Star"

https://godisimaginary.com/

Anonymous
(Login TalkingTall)
BW Member

David Hemmings film ....

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 8:01 PM 

.. of Stage Isolar II show will hopefully be included.

Golly
(Login golly_75)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 7:59 PM 

I guess they'd probably add:
the longer versions of the Frech and German "Heroes" as well
Panic in Detroit (1979 version) - take it back from Heathen
Low sampler single - since they included the STS edit in the last one?

If you added in Baal as well, to get to the end of the RCA years, there's probably enough for two Re:Call 3 disks, with a bit of space left. Might even be room for the original Cat People and Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy!

Then with Low, "Heroes", Stage version 1 (2 disks), Stage version 2 (2 disks), Lodger, Scary Monsters and Re:Call 2 (2 disks) you'd have 10 disks, which they seem to be sticking to for these box sets.

If they didn't include Scary Monsters, there'd potentially be two disks less as all the Re:Call tracks would probably fit on one disk, so even if there was an alternative Lodger added in then that might only be 9? Unless you included Peter and the Wolf as a separate disk as well I suppose...?

I think anything else would be kept back for separate releases, as we're seeing small hints (especially from the picture disks) of what else they're looking at, such as Boston '72, Vancouver '83, Carnegie Hall '72? Plus Cracked Actor on CD, and possibly a complete BBC sessions set in a while, and whatever they might choose to do with collecting rare and unreleased studio tracks/demos/etc.

Anonymous
(Login sylvianne)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 8:14 PM 

doubt they will break the format they have set and include the Perth show.
more likely they will do a live series boxset at some point for that and cracked actor etc.
cracked actor should have been in the last box in place of original david live and Perth the same instead of original stage.

can we assume Perth is soundboard then?

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 8:22 PM 

David Bowie's Revolutionary Song

Sonofsilence
(Login ziggythecowboy)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 8:42 PM 

The Bing Cosby show version of Heroes maybe. and Crystal Japan if Scary Monsters is included.

This message has been edited by ziggythecowboy on May 3, 2017 8:42 PM

Tyler
(Login libertine90)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 8:42 PM 

I realied later that I did indeed forget some such as the 'Low' sampler, Rebolutionary Song, Peace on Earth, and maybe even the US mono version of Look Back in Anger? Didn't know about the full length German and French "Heroes", if that may be too much, or Panic in Detroit since that wasn't officially released at the time

JSquared
(Login bv3problems)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 9:08 PM 

Since I was fairly accurate with the last one, here's what I say about this one (going based off of the precedents set for the previous 2 boxes):

Low
Heroes
Lodger
Scary Monsters
Stage (original mix)(2 discs)
Stage (2005 mix)(2 discs)
Lodger (new mix)
Re:Call 3

That puts it at 10 discs, unless Re:Call ends up being a 2 disc set, at which point the set is 11 discs, both numbers being close to the previous sets, as well as finishing up the RCA catalogue.

Also, if Baal is included, I could see it as either being part of Re:Call 3 or on a separate disc

Anonymous
(Login sylvianne)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 9:30 PM 

i don't think you be far wrong there j squared.

I hope they don't include Peter and Wolf that would be plain silly.

cristianne f?

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 9:40 PM 

They should call it Repetition.

sonofsilence
(Login ziggythecowboy)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 10:11 PM 

I find that bulking up the Re:calls with single edits and mono versions is a real cop out.

TheBit
(Login TheBit)
BW Member

as well as finishing up the RCA catalogue

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 10:31 PM 

Where is Scary Monsters?

sonofsilence
(Login ziggythecowboy)
BW Member

Re: as well as finishing up the RCA catalogue

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 11:02 PM 

"Where is Scary Monsters?"

That's the big question. Will it or won't it be on the next boxset? or will it be bundled in with next year's one? (if there is one).

Anonymous
(Login sylvianne)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 11:06 PM 

it can't go in with the beginning of the emi series which starts with let's dance.
that won't sit right.
the next box should end the rca years.

sonofsilence
(Login ziggythecowboy)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 11:13 PM 

I agree but they may put it in to boost sales of the next one. I hope I'm wrong of course.

EDIT: Actually it would be better to end it on Baal.

This message has been edited by ziggythecowboy on May 3, 2017 11:14 PM

Muzz
(Login muzz08)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 4 2017, 4:49 AM 

Well they could put SM in its own box with an early versions disc and other stuff from after '79....at a stretch.....maybe....not

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 4 2017, 8:11 AM 

It's a tricky one to call. Volume of discs-wise, I say not. Which would make a smart set for the next one covering the 80s.

However, adding it would boost the sales I'm sure.

I think they kind of muffed the series by year selection on the first one.

V2David
(Login v2david)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 4 2017, 1:39 PM 

While Scary Monsters was in the 80s, it fits in better with his late 70s material. So I would include Scary Monsters in this upcoming box set.

That would leave Let's Dance, Tonight, NLMD and various soundtracks to round out the 80s for Box Set #4. This set could go all the way until the Sound + Vision tour (which perhaps we will finally see an official release of). Not sure how they will treat the Tin Machine material, but I believe if they do it, it should be a separate box of it's own.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website