<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Box set 3

May 3 2017 at 2:17 AM
No score for this post

Jamie  (Login lightningmoonstar)
BW Member

I know there has been much discussion already on a third box set following who can I be now and Five Years but I really would like to know what month it was last year those photos of Bowie on the motorcycle came out on the net exposing that the Who can I be now box was on its way at some point and when did they officially announce the box set was due in September?
Sorry for the punctuation or lack of. Anyone know anything? Can anyone atleast say something is happening without breaking any rules?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

sonofsilence
(Login ziggythecowboy)
BW Member

Re: Box set 3

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 2:27 AM 

This boxset will be the only one That's struck my interest. Question is what time span wil lit cover. 1977-1979 or 1977-1980? All will be revealed In July I reckon.

Anonymous
(Login sylvianne)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 2:40 AM 

I think in the fall again so yes I guess late summertime we will hear.
I kinda hope scary monsters/baal etc will be included as the end of the rca era, unless they decide to do a separate release for scary monsters.

I'm actually looking more forward to the 80s boxset as potentially I think it could be more interesting for bonus stuff. there's little official live recordings from this period only montreal 87 so I can see something from the serious moonlight tour included.
plus I wouldn't be surprised if dance gets a release of sorts.a kind of lost album along the lines of the gouster.

Anonymous
(Login MGOSCH)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 2:46 AM 

Now it's time for another kind of boxset, a boxset with only rarities or at least an anniversary album deluxe edition.

sonofsilence
(Login ziggythecowboy)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 3:16 AM 

"plus I wouldn't be surprised if dance gets a release of sorts.a kind of lost album along the lines of the gouster."

We will probably get the album Dance, which was a special remix album, THOUGH i HAVE A HUNCH IT WAS NEVER MADE. . No doubt they will add Scary Monsters and Baal to that box set to boost interest. We shall see.

EDIT:

“Back in November 1985 David Bowie’s record company, EMI, had planned to release a compilation album featuring dance remixes from a couple of Bowie’s recent albums. The name of the album was imaginatively titled Dance [EMI ST-17175]. Each track on the proposed release was to receive additional production and mixing by Rusty Garner and Paul Sabu. The track listing was as follows:

Loving The Alien
Let’s Dance
Shake It
Blue Jean
China Girl
Dancing With The Big Boys
Modern Love

However, the album was withdrawn from EMI’s release schedule and it did not come to pass. No vinyl or CDs were pressed. A number of printer proofs for the sleeve were created. […] Before all the sleeves for the album were destroyed a few were salvaged and others were used as packaging material for other albums as delivered to retail outlets. These were subsequently passed on to fans.”

This message has been edited by ziggythecowboy on May 3, 2017 3:47 AM

Anonymous
(Login sylvianne)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 5:08 AM 

oddly I've just seen on david bowie news a headline. coming soon news on the next bowie boxset to follow who can I be now.

Anonymous
(Login MGOSCH)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 5:19 AM 

Buy the same records again and again,Gouster album was a joke, apart Can You Hear Me(same bootlegs version).The next box will have New Music Night and Day with Tony Visconti different mixes.

sonofsilence
(Login ziggythecowboy)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 5:44 AM 

and a remixed version of Lodger

Jamie
(Login lightningmoonstar)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 7:42 AM 

Where was this news headline? I can't find it.

Anonymous
(Login sylvianne)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 9:11 AM 

bowie news. the unofficial group. nicks site.

Anonymous
(Login Mattis-)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 6:05 PM 

The idea of these boxsets was to collect all officially released material from every period. A good idea, but I wonder how they're gonna present all the available remixes of the 80's and 90's. How may CD's and vinyls will it take to include all?
And do we need all the Moby-remixes of Dead Man Walking (which more or less sounds the same), and what about all extended dance and dub mixes of the Tonight-material? Tumble & Twirl? Dancing With The Big Boys?
Let's hope they change the idea, and include live material and demoes

Jan
(Login FTcollector)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 11:06 AM 

Prediction: will be called Fantastic Voyage and include Scary Monsters.

Sonofsilence
(Login ziggythecowboy)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 11:45 AM 

"Prediction: will be called Fantastic Voyage and include Scary Monsters. "

I reckon Speed of Life and as for SM. well I hope so

Anonymous
(Login BenderRodriguez)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 12:50 PM 

Even if it just has the Eno trilogy, there are loads of songs that could be the title. A New Career In A New Town, Art Decade, Fantastic Voyage, Planned Accidents, Move On...

Maybe it will contain:

1. Some sort of intended TMWFTE soundtrack. Basically an alternative Low.
2. Low
4. Low live at Meltdown 2002
4. Heroes
5. Original Stage
6. 2005 mix / running order of Stage
7. Lodger
8. Planned Accidents (an alternative version of Lodger)
9. The RYKO rarities, plus single edits on one disc (Helden, Some Are, Abdulmajid, I Pray Ole, etc...)

jon
(Login the_starman)
BW Member

New Music Night and Day

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 1:04 PM 

To do most of these things, it'd have to break entirely with the format set by the previous two. The smart money has to be on:
the regular albums up to (surely) SM, two versions of Stage (pointless but makes up the space)possibly a remixed lodger as planned accidents and a couple of discs of single edits no one wants or needs.

i'm in!

This message has been edited by the_starman on May 3, 2017 1:04 PM

Muzz
(Login muzz08)
BW Member

Re: New Music Night and Day

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 1:10 PM 

I agree with Jon, based on the previous boxes. Does anyone actually have any of the supposed TMWFTE material? I honestly don't think he was ever that keen on works in progress being released at all..........cos usually he'd moved on.

Paul Kinder
(Premier Login paulkinder)
BW Member

Me thinks

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 4:33 PM 

Clue is on the b-side of the Be My Wife 40th release - live album in box set?

http://www.bowiewonderworld.com/bowienews/news.htm#bmw40th

birotheleggy
(Login biro_the_leggy)
BW Member

Re: Me thinks

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 4:52 PM 

oh...

I wonder if this means instead of the original "Stage" they'll swop it out for a recording from Perth...

Personally, I think the original "Stage" is so bad, it should be "Too Dizzy"-ed out, if you know what I mean.

mikewest
(Login west406)
BW Member

Re: Me thinks

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 5:56 PM 

Stage wasn't too clever was it! I prefer the Austrian boot We can be heroes or Baton Rouge which I think is really good, never went much on Slaughter in the Air, crappy speeded recording imho.
But the Be my Wife 40th looks good and at last something interesting as the b-side.

Jan
(Login FTcollector)
BW Member

Clues

Score 4.0 (1 person)
May 3 2017, 6:12 PM 

The clues on the Spanish vinyl are far more interesting. Title tracks (Afraid of Americans and "Heroes", photo in Mexico in front of a wall, location of photo and Mexican artist background (Frida Kahlo Museum, her art - self portrait at Mex/US border - and fight for LBGT) and the colours of the Russian flag of the disc and label. Equals middle finger @Potus.

This message has been edited by FTcollector on May 3, 2017 6:51 PM

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website