<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Hunky Dory a Ziggy Stardust released on gold vinyl..

May 11 2017 at 8:51 PM
No score for this post

Sonofsilence  (Login ziggythecowboy)
BW Member

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

Re: Hunky Dory a Ziggy Stardust released on gold vinyl..

No score for this post
May 11 2017, 9:04 PM 

TOO FAR

sonofsilence
(Login ziggythecowboy)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 11 2017, 10:10 PM 

Way too far.

mikewest
(Login west406)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 11 2017, 10:24 PM 

Yes a step too far ffs !

mikewest
(Login west406)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 24 2017, 12:51 PM 

Just seen Hunky & Ziggy go for £32 plus each on fleecebay , the silly season is back ........

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 24 2017, 4:54 PM 

I would buy Ziggy if it came in the circuit board print and Hunky Dory if it was one-sided with pelt on the non playing side.

"I feel I may be the subject of The Prettiest Star"

https://godisimaginary.com/

Anonymous
(Login Dr.Ink)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 25 2017, 4:33 AM 

Otter pelt would look and feel luxurious for the traveled vinyl collector.
Ground hog would probably work better for younger enthusiasts with
budget turntables.
.... and I agree yeah, 'gold' anything like this is much
less striking GOLD gold. Comes off as tan colour.

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 25 2017, 6:15 AM 

I want a Cadbury inspired Chunky Dory and a KFC sponsored Zingy Stardust.

Sonofsilence
(Login ziggythecowboy)
BW Member

Score 5.0 (1 person)
May 25 2017, 8:40 AM 

How about Diamond Dogs in mahogany?

Nemo
(Login whidbeyisland)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 25 2017, 2:55 PM 

^ Oh, show us the way to the next little dollar

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 25 2017, 7:07 PM 

I think the next boxset should be wrapped in tan Draylon.
"I feel I may be the subject of The Prettiest Star"

https://godisimaginary.com/

mikewest
(Login west406)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 25 2017, 9:35 PM 

Wondered if anyone on here is buying these, unless they are trying to make a fast buck?

This message has been edited by west406 on May 26, 2017 1:31 AM

Anonymous
(Login sylvianne)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 26 2017, 9:06 AM 

this is a joke.
vot iz point?

Sonofsilence
(Login ziggythecowboy)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 26 2017, 9:53 AM 

Soon they'll be releasing records in "classic black"

Larranaga
(Login Larranaga)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 26 2017, 10:23 AM 

'Soon they'll be releasing records in "classic black" ' - brilliant!
And almost certainly true...

Michael
(Login Mist001)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 26 2017, 2:11 PM 

There's a purple Labyrinth coming in July too.

Mist.
'When I saw the result, I threw up. My body rejected it.'

Anonymous
(Login goadb)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 26 2017, 5:03 PM 

This coloured vinyl thing thing for my is frankly absurd, and more considering an old technology...well, many reissues are coming even with cassettes!!!

All the vinyl stuff revival is just marketing to earn money with zero effort/no new music and in a format not as easy as CDs and etc. to copy.

This is a pair of posts at super deluxe edition:

I don’t want to rain on anyone’s parade. At the end of the day we’re all music lovers, and anything that gets us to buy and play our music is all well and good.

Having said that, what’s the deal with colored Vinyl? I can understand some prefer their music played on Vinyl, but the whole colored vinyl thing is a complete mystery to me. Is it because people feel they can resell it later for more money? Are they staring at the disc going around bewildered by the colored grooves? Something to do with smoking illegal substances?

It’s a bit like selling barbie dolls with different colored dresses. I’m just not getting it at all…

People like limited editions, rarities etc. That’s been the case for decades. Don’t really understand the mystery. People buy foreign pressings of the same album that has the same music and is the same (black) coloured vinyl. With that in mind, why is buying a different coloured vinyl weird behaviour?

This message has been edited by goadb on May 26, 2017 5:04 PM

mikewest
(Login west406)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 26 2017, 6:17 PM 

Goadb , you make a really good point, I have seen people buy 3/4 bootlegs and reissues because it's coloured vinyl, the colour vinyl reissues are overloading the market right now. I don't mind if it's something original like the Bureau Supply issues . I am seeing it more now like TMWSTW , either sleeve all different colours , even noticed the Cowboy issue was a different colour recently.
But funnily enough I did get a counterfeit Low on red vinyl a few years ago and side 2 was the best pressing I ever heard, weird !

Michael
(Login Mist001)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 26 2017, 8:27 PM 

I have a couple of coloured vinyl things simply because they are aesthetically pleasing to my eyes, but I don't have multiple copies of the same thing in assorted colours.

A BIG find for me would be to get my hands on an original Canadian pressing of Lodger. A very, very small amount were pressed on ORANGE vinyl and are rarer than rocking horse shit so that would be excellent BUT I've never figured out why you can but a pirated version of Lodger in just about every colour EXCEPT orange!

I'd buy it.

Mist.
'When I saw the result, I threw up. My body rejected it.'

Anonymous
(Login goadb)
BW Member

Score 5.0 (1 person)
May 26 2017, 8:45 PM 

This trend of coloured vinyl is is all over theplace, I mean, blaming Parlophone is not "fair", big and small labels are milking the cow till it will get dry...when people get bored of this coloured circles.

Btw, a coloured plastic made in the time of initial pressing, yes, nice, like the Mist one mentions, but what makes me laugh are this limited editions "made" to be limited.

More funny posts in SDE

I don’t think it’s any mistery why people like colour vinyl, it’s just that is pointless. From my own point of view if you buy a record because you want to play it and listen to the music the colour doesn’t mean anything, and you’ll probably buy a standard black wax cause they’re usually cheaper than their coloured counterparts. If you buy a record because you want a collectible you’ll probably get the coloured one. But as I said a lot of times already it has very little to do with actual music, it’s more about consumerism and compulsive buying. And that’s what music industry knows very well these days, they’re trying to sell us collectibles rather than music. Fair enough, it’s still up to people to choose what they actually need.

I can fully agree that watching coloured vinyl play while smoking some top grade weed can be mind blowing and jolly good fun!! In fact I’m going to Listen to David Bowie’s No Plan EP blue vinyl while I smoke this joint

:lol: for this friday

This message has been edited by goadb on May 26, 2017 8:46 PM

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website