<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Santa Monica

May 13 2017 at 1:11 PM
No score for this post
andy  (Login andyrushworth)
BW Member

Very late I know but having had the Boot from the early 70s and then getting the release on Golden Years GY002 whenever it was happy.gif I never bothered picking up the EMI version of the show , am I missing out on anything = superior production etc ?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

Re: Santa Monica

No score for this post
May 13 2017, 1:16 PM 

Only lovely packaging. They chopped some speaking out so I consider it inferior.

The Belgian one with the Rebel Rebel outfit on the cover was always the best version for me - or at least the longest version. And it has some quite lovely sleevenotes too.

Anonymous
(Login mcnabadam)
BW Member

Santa Monica

No score for this post
May 13 2017, 1:43 PM 

What is "the Belgian one with the Rebel Rebel outfit" called, please. Not familiar with it. Did that come out on vinyl or cd? I've got the official cd release that came in a box with postcards. Nice, essential release!

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 13 2017, 1:48 PM 

Michael
(Login Mist001)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 13 2017, 8:16 PM 

Bargain at 12.90 euros BTW.

Mist.
'When I saw the result, I threw up. My body rejected it.'

mcnabadam
(Login mcnabadam)
BW Member

Santa Monica

No score for this post
May 14 2017, 4:37 PM 

Nice price indeed, thanks for the info, think I'll pick this one up!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website