<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

1001 albums you must hear before you die (ot)

May 16 2017 at 1:47 PM
No score for this post

Brigstow  (Login brigstow)
BW Member

Hi all - haven't been here for a while, I have started a project recently, mainly because I had this book sitting around for years and did nothing with it, until now, so I thought I might as well publicise it a little.

1001 albums you must hear before you die

http://www.savagejaw.co.uk/1001/index.html

ps: I wouldn't visit if you're a Jazz fan happy.gif

Apologies if we're not allowed non-DB posts anymore, not quite up with all the latest goings on - delete if needed Mr K.
"It never gets easier... you just go faster"

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Scott
(Login Nature_Boy)
BW Member

Re: 1001 albums you must hear before you die (ot)

No score for this post
May 16 2017, 5:02 PM 

I have a similar project underway at the moment. I'm using besteveralbums.com to listen my way through the top 20 albums year by year, starting from 1955. Currently up to 1967 (a glorious year for music!) and about 250 albums under my belt. I've pretty much listened to all of those LPs on your first page in fact, plus more.

I'm not actually collecting the albums like you, just using Apple Music to download and listen.

Kind of wish I'd made some notes on each one like you.
The Thin White Duke - David Bowie Tribute Band
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ena
(Login betty_turpin)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 17 2017, 7:26 AM 

There's quite a few skippers in there too.

Dire Straits!!!
"I feel I may be the subject of The Prettiest Star"

https://godisimaginary.com/

Sonofsilence
(Login ziggythecowboy)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 17 2017, 7:51 AM 

"There's quite a few skippers in there too.

Dire Straits!!!"

and Limp Bizkit yuck!

wok
(Login wokwokwok)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 19 2017, 6:42 PM 

all that you can't leave behind (U2)? i i know achtung is in there but eh, zooropa? still a pretty neat primer. also i think you could choose a better madness album....

i'm off to listen to dire straits at max vol happy.gif

Anonymous
(Login brigstow)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 19 2017, 6:51 PM 

"all that you can't leave behind (U2)? i i know achtung is in there but eh, zooropa? still a pretty neat primer. also i think you could choose a better madness album.... "

Just to be clear, I didn't choose these albums, they are from the book which was compiled by 90 music journalists. I just intend to listen to them all, even the ones I don't agree with. happy.gif

wok
(Login wokwokwok)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 19 2017, 11:28 PM 

i know klf is on that list...check out KLF Chill Out...that's, eh seminal...

wok
(Login wokwokwok)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 21 2017, 1:09 PM 

hey look...if you get the book published i'll buy one...if you had to go through dire straits you deserve a medal for that...i read through the list the other day...seems pretty good but if you do reply remind us what bowie is on there...to be honest you'd have to put at least 15 of his albums on there...

i'll have a reread...i do like jazz

oh yeah and props for mellon collie being in there...has to be the 5 cd edition though

This message has been edited by wokwokwok on May 21, 2017 1:11 PM

Anonymous
(Login brigstow)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 21 2017, 2:13 PM 

I love it when people don't bother to read the replies and just carry on like they're the only one posting in a thread. I don't remember this forum having much humour in the past, but maybe that's changed with this 'wok' fellow happy.gif

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website