<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

Re: It's no Game vocal

No score for this post
May 19 2017, 2:03 PM 

RE: Mister CD: I remember cruising around the west end early monday morning a few times and followed men in tracksuits pinching armfuls of new releases from Tower and taking them to Mister CD. Lovely stuff.

Their bargain basement ate up most of my Saturday afternoons too, listening to the footie on the radio in there and browsing. Heaven.

Yeah Selectadisc became Sister Ray and then closed down and moved across the road to the old MVE junk shop. Reckless has changed a few times. Really don't like it in there. MVE and the original Sister Ray in the market are now gone, but after the building finishes they are hoping to reopen.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 19 2017, 2:06 PM 

Thinking about the Ronno / Sparks tape: I'm not sure it was a particularly inspiring selection of songs featured so I took the 1978 demos as I hadn't heard them before. Funny story about Big Beat - Sparks had to submit the sleeve artwork complete with track list before the recording had even begun. Curious.

Anonymous
(Login sylvianne)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 19 2017, 7:57 PM 

I love sparks. I have almost all there albums. hello young lovers and exotic creatures are superb, as great as there classic 70s albums. I look forward to hippopotamus.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website