<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Bowie outperformed Adele in 2016

May 18 2017 at 9:11 AM
No score for this post

MICHAEL FISH, UK HEIR  (Login LuisKantor)
BW Member

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/may/18/david-bowie-named-uk-popular-recording-artist-2016

Easy to dismiss this as a consequence of his death, but, interestingly, the same didn't happen for Prince.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
gabe
(Login gabe_)
BW Member

Re: Bowie outperformed Adele in 2016

No score for this post
May 19 2017, 12:02 AM 

Death sells.

[linked image]

sonofsilence
(Login ziggythecowboy)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 19 2017, 12:25 AM 

Death sells alright. Probably more than sex. I'm sure the record companies will start to cash in on the trend and male them happen. Artists will have to die to honour their record contracts if sales drop especially when their sex appeal passes it's expiry date.

This message has been edited by ziggythecowboy on May 19, 2017 12:40 AM

Larranaga
(Login Larranaga)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 19 2017, 10:51 AM 

I never have and never will understand this.
Whoever's buying these records - why didn't they want them until after the bloke was dead?
I don't get it.

Anonymous
(Login hang_man)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 19 2017, 11:43 AM 

They're just hearing about an artist for the first time via people on social media. And then they buy the most popular album so they can join in with the grief boasting about it later the very same day. I did the same with Bowie. Great to meet you all.

Larranaga
(Login Larranaga)
BW Member

No score for this post
May 19 2017, 7:46 PM 

Arf!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back to BowieWonderworld website